Brief change to differentiate Retro and Modern Rash

That wouldn’t be too bad of an idea, remove the belt for the Retro costume and have the Modern Costume just wear all the Toad’s accessories, as in Zitz’s gloves and belt and Pimple’s forearm guards!

1 Like

I agree that would be fine having all the Battletoad costumes combined for his modern costume, while his retro is just his classic look, with Zits and Pimples costumes as accessories, maybe even when you equip the full Zits or Pimple set it could say their names instead of Rash, that would be some neat fan service.

I even double checked to make sure, even on the original box art, Rash did not wear a belt, only Zits and Pimple, and in future games the belt became Zits exclusive. I would have Rash’s design work like this

Modern a combination of all three Batttletoads costumes, Zits gloves and belt, Pimples forearm guards, Rashs red bandanas or elbow pads, and maybe one with out anything on his elbows.

Retro Rash loses the belt for the default costume, but his accessories are, Zits gloves and belt as part of one set, Pimples forearm guards as part of another, Rashs Spiked elbow pads as part of another set like on the nes cover art, and maybe one set or in combination with one of his other sets an accessory that removes everything from his arms since he does not have wear anything besides his shades and knee pads in Battletoads and Double Dragon or Battletoads Arcade

I can not believe I wrote all that, but if they do all that, he will be the ultimate fan service character.

1 Like

I think this is the way to go! Also, like I said. In older box arts and promotions for Battletoads, none of the Toads had detail on their skin, no scales, warts, nothing. Just a plane, shiny texture, so I think Rash’s skin should be detailess and just be pure green while the Modern outfit is a darker green with scales, warts, scars, bruises, vains running all over his muscles and rocks all the accessories of the toads.

I would not mind them keeping the warts only because it might take a lot of time to remove it, if it does take a lot of work maybe make it a special color alt so they have more time to work on it.

Keep the default Rash down to Rash’s old get-up, and give him his brothers gear for accessories/colors in both the Retro and the modern costumes

the belt in his default costume should be put into a zits accessory set and the armbands should be put into another set. basically just keep his classic look for the default set.