Blocking Surge Slide?

How in the hell do I block that cross up? I have poked out of it, however, but that takes a pretty damn quick reaction.

1 Like

Pay attention to Shago’s surge meter; if he has it, be ready to block not just left or right, but rather left and then right or right and then left. EXPECT the cross-up when he has surge. If he doesn’t do it, then you should still be fine. Your block from the initial (normal) slide will still hold and you can then quickly move to counter-attack during his recovery frames, because his slide is no longer safe (since he didn’t use surge in that particular case). :wink:

1 Like

I have trouble keeping up with it as well. Especially if they mix up Surge dive kick and Surge slide. Add YOLO Combo Opener assist in there and it really gets crazy!

I honestly feels its a bit OP

Dont try to block both hits.

If you anticipate a surge slide, mash lights!

1 Like

Well, it’s safe on block with surge, so if you block both hits, that gives Shago the advantage, right? So, your advice makes sense, but mashing LP or LK is something that I haven’t tried and, as fast as the move is, it (at least at 1st) doesn’t seem like it would work either. I’ll try it in the lab to see for myself. Also, your warning to not block works even better with your gamerpic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips guys. I been poking out of it fairly well, I just cant get my brain to block the other way on reaction. It’s easier for me to tap LK.

1 Like

Ive seen the CPU throw the surge slide easily… I may try that as well as pokes. thanks