Blocking Is Not Working (BLOCKING MECHANICS)

Yeah you should really turn on input display and check you’re actually blocking low. Back when i played on pad my low block was actually just me crouching half the time since i didn’t realize my controller stopped registering it right.

Notice no substantial responses from the OP. No results of practice testing, no videos, nothing. Just an angry report of a horrendous problem with the game that no one else has experienced, followed by a bunch of angry responses to people trying to help. I posted I that its either his equipment or he’s not blocking correctly - got two separate 200+ word posts arguing that he knows how to block and it MUST BE the game - without a single mention of simply going into the practice mode and testing his equipment. This is (another) troll thread, and should be closed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it. I read the posts, and they all talk about just same ONE match. Alot of strange things can happen once. Maybe if the OP had a list of at least 10 different matches this happened in, and 3 or more video clips then people would be more understanding. Several people, including you have offered help. I think he just wants a fan club of people who say this game sucks or is broken, and none of us will do that.

1 Like

Its lag. Things like this happen quite often online. Unfortunately you’ll lose to scrubs too often because of it. Blocks don’t work, grabs whiff, tech throws don’t work, counter breakers not registering, lockouts on inputs you don’t actually press.

Just because you’re not skipping all over the map, doesn’t mean there’s no lag.

Another thing you can do is to look at your character to see if they’re actually blocking. Normally they’ll go into a block state before they actually block the move if it’s far enough. In this case, Orchid’s slide should follow this as well.

You say you play analog right? Check your input display to see if you’re actually holding down-back right. I used to have that issue at first too.

Okay I will do some test later today. Got my butt handed to me again blocking but the input wasn’t working I got so annoyed I shut my system off.

This is happening to me everyday just yesterday I got so fustrated I had to shut my xbox off.

Please tell me how to block because blocking is something of a science. Holding BACK or DOWN-BACK is scientific. I need a master’s degree to input back on a controller before I am being attack. Dude wake up a special kid knows how to block it’s basic man. This is basic blocking atleast for me is basic. I played every STREET FIGHTER and every game taht follows the same blocking mechanics. I don’t think I need to practice holding back or down-back. Does blocking require practice no, you look at your screen oh he’s about to attack me hold BACK, oh he’s attacking my feet hold DOWN-BACk. Get over yourself this is basic. I have been blocking since 1992 I don’t think I suddenly forgot how to block. Maybe if I was able to use my STREET FIGHTER FIGHT PAD from the XBOX 360. Maybe I wouldn’t have this issue but MS wants me to go out and buy a whole new set of fight pads after I already invested over $100 in a fight pad. Or I should go spend more money on a stupid converter to use the fight pad I own.

Have you done any of the tests that the people recommended? The practice mode button test? Use a different controller? Tested your Internet connection?

Either something is wrong with your controller, or you are actually not blocking correctly.

Both are very easy to test, and we’ve given you all the information necessary to test it.

To test your controller: go to training, turn Input Display to on, and then move the joystick/d-pad (whatever you use) from down-left to down-right and back again repeatedly. Try to hold down-left or down-right for a prolonged period of time, moving the joystick slightly back and forth to see what the input display says. If it ever says “down” when you think you are holding down back, then maybe your controller is broken. Xbox One controllers have this problem a lot, and you wouldn’t be the first one.

To test if you blocked correctly: load up a replay of one of the matches where you got hit while blocking. Turn on input display, watch the replay, and see what your inputs were.

You can continue to be frustrated or you can fix the problem, it’s up to you.