Best way to counter Rash?

The video will not open for me

Thanks @STORM179. The video worked for me, and I appreciate the production value!

@FallofSeraphs76 and I actually met up last night to test some of this out and we saw that anti air will get Rash in the way down after wrecking ball. It wasnā€™t as consistent and I couldnā€™t get the kind of consistent aerial wrecking ball pressure with my garbage Rash that I usually see online, but itā€™s a place to start a least.

@developers I will use this as another opportunity to beg and plead for an online practice mode.

1 Like

Hm. Not really sure what to say. I tested it out on a couple of different devices, and the video always works for me :slight_frown:

Perhaps restart your device and try again?

How Mira can handle Rash corner tongue pressure? Her cr.HP does not really cover space right above her, same with MK embraceā€¦

Could her just mist away?

Beats me tbh - whenever Iā€™ve played that fight I never could really find a consistent defense to it. Wound up just misting out of the corner before I lost too much life trying (failing) to block.

1 Like

This is a great question becasue now a lot of Rash players are dong that jumping tongue, juggle pressure that is just the worst thing ever! I have no idea how to get out of it.
Tongue is supposed to be punishable but I cant find a way to get out and its rare that you get a chance to really practice it.
The rest of Rashā€™s arsenal i can handle nowā€¦ but this is something new.

I figured I could break the juggle hit but it wasnt workingā€¦kept getting timing lock out. the juggle hit looks like a LP or MP. Its like a downward punch.

Big hand angled down is Rashā€™s jump+HP. With Omen your down+HP should work for the most part in clearing Rash tongue pressure I think. Orda would also likely trade, though probably not favorably.

Its not the big hand down, its just a little hand strike just after the air tongue. Now Im mainly talking if he is juggling you in the air. Grounded tongue pressure I can get a jab or orda in thereā€¦no issue there really.
If I recall right they like to start with a down HP to launch you into the air, then they with a 1-2 series of tongue and maybe LP? After that maybe a Boot? Something that keep you suspended in the air.
I need to post a video, its very hard to explain.

Rashā€™s j. LP causes a flipout so if it isnā€™t the big hand one and youā€™re not being flipped out, itā€™s very likely the j. MP that youā€™re describing.

Yes, prob so. Im going by memory here so forgive me. Im sure you guys have seen this set up beforeā€¦ I know a few top Rash players are using it up these days. to the point some are pretty much centering their entire game plan on this combo

The combo sequence youā€™re talking about sounds a lot like a lockout bait. I think just a raw cr HP > tongue > tongue > j. MP would cost at least maybe half of the KV bar.

As far as punishing tongue, itā€™s a matter of labbing and speed. Tongue causes very little blockstun so your punish option needs to be on point. My character has stubby light buttons and a timing specific cr. HP to AA with, so iā€™m almost forced to either contest with buttons that might beat jump normals because of priority or smash out my shadow reversal. If weā€™re talking Omen, i know heā€™s got options of some sort.

Yeah IM not to worried about grounded tongueā€¦its that damn air tongue that got me the other day. I swear it was like iā€™d never hit the ground until he dropped it or cashed it out. Almost Sadira like air juggles.

1 Like

I donā€™t recall tongue generating a lot of KV for a juggle combo, but it doesnā€™t cause any damage either. If an opponent is juggling you with a lot of tongue hits in the combo, i donā€™t think itā€™s going to hurt that much without either the shadow cashout or the wrecking ball ender that has a ton of corner carry.

Agreed, but its still something that great players are using, and there need to be a counter to it. It doesnt create much KV becasue he was able to do it fro a good while before cashing out.

Ill try and make a clip when i get home