Best controller for KI?

Um, but to my knowledge, you can’t use an Xbox 360 controller on an Xbox One console…

1 Like

Well there are accessory programs you can get that will let you used any controller on your console. I’ve tried one of those programs once before but I couldn’t get it to work, the instructions were so weird. But if the 360 remote truly is better, then can someone recommend a good kit for making the 360 remote usable on XB1?

Programs. That sounds like you’d have to mod your console to do that, which is a big no-no.

What I had didn’t have me do anything to the console. It came with a wifi receiver for the console and a cord for the remote I wanted to use, then I plug the remote into the computer along with the included software and it was supposed to make the remotes outgoing signal something the XB1 would recognize. But I could figure out how to work the software.

Bought used hitbox for $120, one year and a half later still going strong. If buttons wear out they’re very cheap and easy to replace.

1 Like

I have an Elite controller and can attest to how it’s not all that it is cracked up to be. I’m on my third controller which is now working better than the other two because I’ve had to use it differently. My other two controllers I had issues with the RB button breaking on me. I don’t think I was mashing down on it too hard but after a while the button would get stuck and in order for me to press RB I would have to mash it down to get it to work.

What I’m doing differently now is I’m actually using one of the paddles on the back of my controller as my RB button and I’ve really gotten used to using it. The only time I really use the actual RB button now is when I’m doing an ultra that requires the three punch buttons to activate.

1 Like

I’ve been using a paddle too, using the left one as my rb, but I can’t seem to get used to it sadly. I miss having all my buttons close to each other on the same side

1 Like

Not to be that totally cliche guy but uh.
Daigo won EVO with a Playstation 1 controller so history says whatever you feel comfortable with.

In my personal opinion though, using a controller (or gamepad if you wanna call it that) is the best way to play because of the right thumb stick. The right thumb stick can be used for a lot and makes breakers, counter-breakers, instinct activation and grabs much faster and easier to do.

My Elite has a janky joystick and popped out bumper within 6 months or so of owning it. I do like the apparent durability and weight of it, although it isn’t very durable.

A solution if you’re willing is to order parts off Battle Beaver and fix your own controller, or if you’re put off by the Elite but have a Cronusmax or Brooks use a Nacon Revolution.

Additionally Razer has a controller for Xbox that may not be the most sightly but is comparable to the Elite, and then there’s the Steam controller.

Although if you’re considering Elite price points and are throwing around the word “best” maybe consider a stick? (Not that I would know yet :confounded:)

I’ve been wanting to get a stick but would still prefer to play KI with my pad. I’d rather start a brand new game that I’ve never played before and learning to use a stick with one of those games.

1 Like

The controller I’m personally using is the Mortal Kombat X fight pad.

Hasn’t failed me yet.

You mean Luffy, right?

1 Like

Opps, did I get the name wrong? my bad lol.

It has a break away cable there is no wireless fightsticks for these consoles and there bad anyway

You could buy a 360 on craigslist for like 30 to 70 bucks buy a brooks converter for 40 bring the cost down

Fight sticks are very durable i rarely ever hear of soemthing breaking when it does its usually the case its self or the pcb never really a switch in the joystick or a button in my experiences

Easy to work in joy to learn durability and conversation starter when friends come over asking wtf it is

2 Likes

Cool deal, I’ll have to keep an eye out for it

I could be wrong, but with so many people having this shoulder button issue, I can’t help but think it’s due in part to the control assignment. Reason I say this is because I have yet to break any shoulder buttons in any of my controllers, but I assign lights to them, so I’m not doing a hard press to land the attack, I’m lightly tapping it.

Anyway, that being said, although I have a TE2 fightstick, my preferred controller is an elite with the circle pad. I got one last year and hasn’t failed on me yet, though I thought the dpad was going out when I put the KI DE controller skin on it (make sure to cut away around the dpad for clearence…for the settings switch as well), but it’s still working fine as well.