Avengers: Infinity War

Maybe it’s because I hate Guardians of the Galaxy characters and that I just didn’t have an emotional investment in the characters that were shown the most but I really didn’t like the movie. It was meh to me.

I want to talk spoilers but apparently some people on here haven’t seen it and don’t want to ruin it for them. Why are they even in here.

Also god I hate the one liners in this movie.

Just saw it here in Tokyo after my return from the US. The best I have seen so far.

For those who have not seen it yet. I will post spoilers shortly…or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d say don’t. Not showing spoilers gives them a reason to go see it.

OMG ths movie is amazing!!! Its the best Marvel movie hands down by far IMO!!! THe stakes are high and the Russo’s did it… that made the tough choices in order to make the movie…serious!

GO see it so you dont get spoiled! Its best to see not being spoiled! OMG I cant wait to see it again!

Can you change the title to NO Spoilers? PLZ?

Well, after a certain point the thread will certainly HAVE spoilers (as I think it will be fun to dissect the parts we liked/what worked/didn’t etc), so I don’t really want to do that.

If someone really wants to avoid Infinity War spoilers (which they should!), I’d kind of recommend avoiding forum posts talking about the movie.

2 Likes

Let me know when we start the spoilers. I REALLY want to dive into the movie and do some critical thinking and share my thoughts.

We can use the spoiler tag to avoid problems

SPOILERS AHEAD, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED THE MOVIE:

Something which is funny to notice is that all the original Avengers survive, both cinematographic and comic ones:
Cinematographic: Cap America, Iron man, Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye
Comic: Cap America, Iron man, Hulk, Ant man, Wasp

Strange was pretty confident about giving Thanos the time gem without much hesitation. It’s a given that in the future that they win against Thanos, Stark SHOULD be alive, so Strange knew that losing a small battle here will lead to the global victory.

Out of the people who dies at the end of the movie, it’s pretty easy to figure that they will be resurrected. There are some exceptions tho:

-Loki seems dead for good
-Heimdall looks dead for good
-Gamora COULD be dead for good, but since she was the soul gem sacrifice, I would say that she is inside the gem, so not really “dead”
-Vision actually died two times, one killed by Wanda to prevent Thanos from taking the mind stone, then resurrected and killed again by Thanos while ripping the stone from his head. He could be dead for good, but since he is “an android”, he could be easier to resurrect

1 Like

got tickets right after the 2nd trailer premiered march 16 (they went on sale then). Scotia dual laser imax (toronto) friday at 11:40 am on April 27 :slight_smile:

will see it again in non 3d late night in the next couple weeks (wife and i couldn’t make the non 3d timings, due to kids daycare pickup).

loved it. as all media (tv, movies, games,etc) some complaints, some stuff i love and stuff i liked but would have preferred if done a bit differently.

Regards,

Sanjay

Right, well maybe put SPOILERS in the heading so people know we are talking about it. I avoided this post until I seen the movie. Some people dont have that discipline though.

Im good, I seen it… just worried people will get spoiled and this is def the movie you dont want spoiled as it will not have the same effect if you know what happens.

But owell…here we go.

I enjoyed it thoroughly. When Thanos snapped his fingers…I was like Oh ■■■■…and everything that ensued afterwards was like mouth wide open…moment after moment…OMG…OMG

I also like how Dr Strange seen the future and thus puts all his trust into Iron Man to finish the end game. But I thought for sure Tony was toast moments before that.

There is just so much to discuss… I love how Thanos whopped Hulk so bad he wouldnt come back out LOL. What a way to introduce Thanos and show what he is capable of.

Spoiler!!! Captain Marvel baby!!

Saw it this morning, and now I’m waiting for part 2. Just another badass Marvel film.

You being nice. I think this goes without saying. It’s like when ppl want to watch a review on YouTube and expect no spoilers.

I’ll never understand how you want to get details about a movie that you don’t want to get spoiled for.

1 Like

So, I just got home watching Infinity Wars.
I loved it. Every character got their share of screentime, it didn’t feel like anyone was just thrown in there. The pacing was good, it didn’t feel rushed at all. The battles were awesome. Thanos feels believable as a great villain.

The best MCU movie thus far, imo. Can’t wait to see what comes next.

Saw it today. It’s good. Certainly the best Avengers film they’ve done so far. Had some great one-liners as well.

2 Likes

finally saw it, it was good and i enjoyed it. overhyped for me though, i wasnt as impressed as alot of people. a few of the plot devices were tired

1 Like