Are we as a community still great is it used to be?

Ironically which is sad since I love Halo but hate the people I play online but what’re you gonna do ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Two thoughts:

1. I miss Geek. He was stubborn as heck, but he genuinely loved the game, loved learning (even if in his own “unique” way), and was a general reservoir of positivity about the game and community. The community and the forums could use more people like him, not less, and I’m still of the mind that he should never have been banned over what he was banned for.

2. The community is largely the same as ever it was, but I personally just don’t care to argue over it anymore. We have the same fights over the same things every time something shiny isn’t over the horizon, and I’m just tired of dealing with the nonsense. I mute a not-insignificant number of threads now, simply because I have better things to do than argue over stuff that I’ve argued over a dozen times now. You want to leave KI, leave KI. You want to rant about something and have nobody challenge your wrongheaded notions, best of luck with that. But I’m done reading or engaging with that stuff.

If you want to talk about gameplay and how to improve or MU’s or FG theory, I’m there. If you want to talk about Orchid’s bust or Kim Wu’s face or how IG are a pack of monkeys, I’ll pass.

24 Likes

It’s crazy to, I’d ask ithe question “Can’t we halo fans all agree to disagree?” apparently not it seems.

but anywho, there sso many who give a complaint but not provide constructive feedback.

1 Like

agreed, though it may be hard, we should maybe start taking charge of our own cases to, do stuff that’s helpful to the community.

1 Like

To answer the question, yeah. We’re still great but some of these forum “members” are stupid. All we can do about that is to explain why certain things exist in KI.

Yeah, I’m a fan, but don’t play the b-tch-ss victim card when someone doesn’t like your opinion. It’s a damn dissagreement, not a invite to flame war. I watch these forums too inspite of my current status. Don’t like it? PM me then, not that I’ll reply anyway.

Oh, I agree. This is basically the reason I’ve started trying to stream lately. I don’t really care about building a brand or monetization of content or any of that stuff - I just want to create a small space for people who still love this game and want to watch another player who loves the game. KI is fun, and I want people to be able to hang out and see a high-level player who thinks so too.

7 Likes

Is the Sonic community listed? If so, I say the Sonic community is worse in my opinion.

Honestly I think a lot of the negativity thrown into the forums lately is a combination of the fanbase growing as well as people lately coming to the forums solely to gripe about the Ultimates because they’ve been playing MKX way too much and don’t understand why KI is intentionally choosing to leave out the gore or make the “deaths” ambiguous.

With the fanbase growing obviously you’re going to have a larger vocal minority that want to gripe and complain about every little thing.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s as much about the community “changing” as it is more about “expanding.”

That being said, if a change is desired, one voice can ignite the spark that will grow into a raging fire.

The community has more power than it realizes. It only needs to use that power.

P.S. No, I don’t exactly have a 100% positive opinion about the current state of KI before anyone misunderstands me, but that does not mean that I would wish for a scene to go into disarray.

8 Likes

So! you are the Storm179…
I am Riptora from the Riptor clan.
and challenge you!

1 Like

Lol. Dunno that I deserve a “the” in front of my name, but yeah, I’m Storm.

Your challenge is accepted. Tag me in the GG’s thread and we can figure out a time. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

The problem isn’t that you don’t like the Ultimates. It’s the way you express it. You can review this in another thread. People have very divergent opinions all the time here without any trouble. Only a few attract a lot of negative attention and it’s because of the way they share their opinion.

@Sasuke99I, I would tend to agree with @Iago407 on this one. There’s not a ton going on so it’s harder to ignore the bickering and focus on the interesting new content and the discussions.

I also think people look back with rose colored glasses. The S1 forums were filled with raging threads about how this KI was a joke because:
Not enough characters
No Ultimates or No Mercies,
Rage quitting
The game wasn’t dark enough to be KI
Too much like SF (yes this was a thing)
Ranked sucked
Spinal being delayed
Spinal being OP
Fulgore being delayed
Fulgore being OP
Xbox sux and the game should be on PS4
It’s unfair that I can’t buy the Shadow Jago skin since we don’t have Target in my country…
Too many Wulf players in top 8 at tournaments.

Season 2 had the “we need this game in PC or it will die” discussion for months and months.

I could go on endlessly but you get the point. Right now (and possibly for the indefinite future) there just aren’t as many new things to talk about and people (including me) get sucked into pointless back and forth with unreasonable people because it’s the Internet. Such is the curse of modern civilization.

But there are still lots of players playing the game and several very interest tech and theory fighting threads going on. People are still happy to help new players if they have questions. The community is still fine and dandy. But it may not be as fun to be on the forums without more new content to discuss.

9 Likes

kewl

1 Like

I always thought fighting game communities were roughty.

Bring back S2 kanra and the community will be great like in 2015.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: i support this lmao

1 Like

I think the numerous debates we have on the forums could be less “toxic” if everyone provides constructive criticism instead of not making sense. I recently found one of my old threads that can help. Rants/Expressing Problem/Constructive Criticism Guide

2 Likes

Not trying to be egocentric or anything but perhaps being in between WTF tournaments might have something to do with it as well. It may just be me because I get updates every time someone does something in the WTF threads, but it seems like it drew out more of the positive players to actively engage on the forums more frequently.
I was going to wait a little longer, but maybe I ought to get to work on setting up a new bracket. :thinking:

4 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: do it.

2 Likes

I just read a few posts and I forgot that Joanna dark was rumored to appear.

What if she is the next char and IG pulls the same BS they did with Gargos. “She was always part of KI. This obscure Easter Egg from KI Gold proves it!” Lol

If LCD came back to KI for Joanna Dark after all this drama, I would lose it!

1 Like