Are the Explosive Arc linkers too good?

This is a question I have had for a while now. I know there are a couple of thing with ARIA that are a bit odd (sweep doesn’t hit low, booster assist is a bit lacking) but this has always been around and I think it could warrant some change. I say this because the explosive arc linker is the only linker in the game where I can’t tell what strength it is even after it’s already happend. If they could alter it somehow and make each one a bit more distinguishable (maybe like Omens furious flurry linkers) I don’t think anyone would have a problem with it.

Sorry to resurrect this topic but I have the same problem :frowning:
Any suggestions how to break or differentiate the Explosive Arc?

You need to observe the animation of your own character as he is being hit. It is difficult to switch your eyes from your opponent to yourself, but you basically need to observe what your head is doing. Thankfully most characters share the same animation as they are being hit by light, medium, and heavy attacks. You can react to it, but it takes practice and a lot of coffee.

Infil commented on a match between Bass and another player that was using Aria.

2 Likes

Thanks @AbouMegas.

In the beginning, when learning the fundamentals, I used this tip all the time but then I lost the habit when I learned to read the opponent moves.

1 Like