Arbiter Gameplay Speculation Thread

I was thinking it would be his instinct.

Maybe Arby could have a move that staggers his opponent, like a different version of Sword Charge :D. It would also be cool if Arby could recapture, but I donā€™t see what move he would have that could do that.

Elites are known to do some pretty fancy leg work martial arts-wise. Maybe he could deliver an Overhead(I think thats what its called) kick like Shago to recapture.

Yeah! Maybe it could be a special move or something!

I also had a pretty interesting idea for an instinct ability; Phantom Assault. Pretty much, the Arbiter calls for a Phantom Gunboat that fires a barrage of projectiles at the opponent, in which can juggle the opponent and allow the Arbiter to recapture them.

Actually guilty gear has a pretty good use for cloaking. chip a ninja type charecter can activate a cloak that kinda swirls around him. Some parts run invisible and others donā€™t. Like at some point the swirl covers the right side of his chest and parts of his legs(which would be good in covering certain mixups) and other times in the move time limit it would cover other non important parts of his body. im pretty sure the swirl pattern is random though

1 Like

So you say, but Iā€™d be happy to properly train you/let you play around with the idea properly - I donā€™tbelieve youā€™ve given it its full attention,though correct me if Iā€™m wrong. Iā€™m happy to teach anyone who wants to learn about how itā€™s done.

I appreciate the offer, but my hearingā€™s shot, soā€¦

I hope not. like others said before cloacking in fighting games are always pretty lame and I donā€™t see a way to make it work.

If anyone could make it work, IG would be the ones to do it.

1 Like

Oh nice, Arbiter speculation. I guess that I am finally getting that charge character I always wanted.

I donā€™t think weā€™ll see a charge character in this game, at least not one like SF.

Iā€™ll bet Kimā€™s cute face that we donā€™t get one.

Back on topic. I could see him wield two different weapons in each hand. Maybe switch to a third ir fourth like in a weapon wheel. I think he will be an Aria but without assists, meaning that he combines gun and sword attacks.

Iā€™m looking forward to playing this character - to have a previously inaccessible character as a playable fighter (since Halo isnā€™t playable by totally blind people as far as Iā€™d guess) is a great addition

Combos arenā€™t impossible to break without sight - @RGLOfficial can attest to that as I broke a large amount of his combos last sessionā€¦

I like all the ideas being thrown around. Also thisā€™ll mean weā€™ll get a KI Arbiter figure eventuallyā€¦

2 Likes

IMO Arbiter could be a two stances character.

In both stances, his dashes are great, but his walkspeed isnā€™t great. His jump itā€™s similar to Wulfā€™s.
Energy shield: Arbiter activates his energy shield, giving him one hit of armor. It has a cooldown and has to be manually activated
Shangheili assault: Long range tackle, getā€™s a range and damage improvement in blade stance.

Blade stance: Arbiter wields his trademark plasma sword, getting acces to a long reach overhead assault. Punch normals deals increased damage, HP staggers and c.HP causes knockdown

-Ranged stance: Arbiter wields Coventant carbine and plasma grenades. He can store up to two grenades(starts with 1), his grenade ender allows him to regenerate 1(lvl 1 and 2 ender) or both(lvl 3 and 4). Plasma grenades work similar as Cinder Pyrobombs, but they donā€™t dissapear on hit and they explode after a set time. The explosion can be blocked, on hit causes stagger.
He cam shoot his carbine up to 5 times, then he has to reload it. Carbine ender reloads it but deals poor damage. Carbine ender deals poor damage, puts a lot distance between characters, and reloads weapon. Shots can be hold and canceled into dash. If punch button itā€™s hold, the Arbiter keeps firing until ammo itā€™s depleted, and can walk and jump while shooting. Each shot deals poor damage, but staggers grounded opponents and flip outs airborne.

In both stances the Arbiter has poor defense options aside his dashes. When in blade stance he gets really good mix-up opportunities up close and deals great damage. When in ranged stance, he can control the space with his carbine, grenades and the help of his energy shield

Didnā€™t Rising Thunder do that with Crow?

Yeah but I think itā€™s a pic only game, so it canā€™t play two people on one screenā€¦I think

It worked because it was only online exhibitions. The person playing Crow would see him but his opponent wouldnā€™t.

Reviving this thread because itā€™s relevant.
It looks like we were right aboutā€¦
Wellā€¦
#A LOT!

Copy & paste from my post in the Trailer topic:

So far:

-A launcher ender that can be followed by carbine shots. Or maybe the carbine shots are part of an ender?
-One of his linkers seems similar to Glacius Cold shoulder
-A switching sides grab, similar to Thunderā€™s?
-Plasma grenades causes stagger, maybe can be sticked even in a hard knockdown?
-Really far reaching aerial sword thrust. Maybe some short of divekick?
-Jagoā€™s Laser sword alike linker, even in shadow version
-As far as I see it, the camo itā€™s only a ender, not a mechanic. He uses it, then slash Thunder, and reappears in a final backstab. Probably his damage ender

His carbine seems fun. My bets:

-As I said in his speculation thread, maybe he has two stances, one with the carbine, another with the sword. After this trailer, seems less plausible
-His carbine deals great amounts of potential damage, or the opposite, the carbine depletes potential damage
-Maybe must be reloaded?

Also, he is taller than Thunder, maybe similar to Glacius

2 Likes

Also, I have noticed in 1:46, he seems to have his energy shield up. Maybe his instinct gives him shields, absorbing projectiles or physical hits?

2 Likes