Any purpose to playing Ranked match if it causes nothing but frustration

What does this mean? how do you know if they are playing way to seriously?

Sounds like he’s one of those guys that messages you after a match (that you’re NOT taking that seriously) and says you’re a “try hard” and you “need to get a life”. He must be especially salty if he’s carrying that mindset into Ranked.

1 Like

unless he tells me different then i’m inclined to agree with you based on his attitude. How can he judge if they are “taking it seriously”, his statement confuses me. Please @VladKravich im confused lol

Easy, if they’re beating you they’re taking it too seriously.

If I clearly can’t beat them no matter what I do. By “half give up” I mean that I simply don’t try to win and just do a few moves here and there. Usually I either tell people good games or don’t bother contacting them.

oh ok, i understand now lol as long as you dont take any malice towards them because all they want to do is win.

1 Like

So someone who’s not trying is “salty”? I half give up because to me it’s not fun playing against someone who’s taking too long. I start doing unsafe stuff too.

Sorry, I don’t follow. The only thing that makes sense is that you’re getting salty, and calm yourself down by claiming you don’t really care. And that the other player is a “try hard”. And the other player, if you’re not a good player yourself, probably isn’t really playing that hard either. They’re just on another level.

1 Like

Ranked matches are too laggy for me in general. People there are playing to win and many resort to lag gimmicks when losing.

[quote=“VladKravich, post:45, topic:10046, full:true”]
If I clearly can’t beat them no matter what I do. By “half give up” I mean that I simply don’t try to win and just do a few moves here and there. Usually I either tell people good games or don’t bother contacting them.
[/quote]That’s disheatening to hear. :frowning:

Giving up, even half-way, is never an answer (especially if you’re seeking success or to improve). That being said, it certainly couldn’t hurt to take a break for a bit if you’re feeling frustrated (moderation is key).

If it’s fun you’re after: learn from your mistakes as well as from your opponent’s successes, seek advice and help from others (here, in these forums), etc. Do these things and more, and I guarantee you that you will gain more wins, and therefore more confidence, and in turn, you’ll have more fun. :wink:

You probably shouldn’t play ranked if you, yourself, don’t take it seriously. May I suggest exhibition? The competition isn’t as fierce, but you can fight them for longer, which can help you learn habits, playstyles, and patterns. Furthermore, if you socialize with your opponent (positively), you’d be surprised at how friendly many of them can be and how willing they may be to help you. Maybe you’ll even make a new friend
 :smiley:

2 Likes

I had the craziest ranked match a while ago. This guys is probably the best player ever or the worst. Either way, this is ranked, embrace it.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/CRIS178/video/17300653

I haven’t had a lot of frustration in Ranked
well there was the reset
I’ve found it to be quite enjoyable. The slow climb to the top has definitely entertaining, especially lately. I mean dang I have had some amazing matchups, very fun, and I’m sitting about 300 points from Killer. I even had a round with a pro star player & stood a pretty good chance against him
he had to work for his win against me. I dunno, maybe I’ve just got on rose -colored glasses because I’m hyped from a hot streak
no, that’s definitely it.

Anyway, I will say from my own experiences, if you’re not feeling too confident about your abilities, play survival. Grind through a bit, start at beginner and work your way up. Come back to ranked after you can get up to 25 wins or higher
see if it helps
it’s been my rule when breaking in a new character, and the few times I ignored that rule I pretty well regretted it.

Exhibition is possibly a good choice as well, but I find survival to be more of a steady progression and less random
but that’s just me.

1 Like

This guy should play the lottery. Those 0 frame “hard reads” lol!

Shenanigans xD

wow