Any online collectible card game fans here?

It’s a shame.

Have you taken a look at the LOTR “living” card game that arrived on gamepass a month or two ago? Its based on a card game that is multiplayer but cooperative. It has CCG style mechanics but you don’t go head to head with another player.

Looks interesting! I had not seen this one yet.
I have seen some art and it’s really a style I love looking at. Will download the steam version next weekend and see how it works. Intriguing gameplay though. Thanks again for the suggestion.

1 Like

Regarding Gwent, it has seen a massive overhaul after the beta. The following video, hard to follow at times, is a discussion by a pro player on what changed for Gwent.

Around 14min mark is the essence: being able to explore almost without limitations vs having many options that end up not matter with respect to overall strategy. Basically, current Gwent, despite a plethora of cards and effects, has archetypes / strategies that fall in only one of three categories. The beta actually allowed for at least 10 different archetypes that included a few very powerful ones that dominated until a new achetype was uncovered as long as the card pool extended.

I have been trying to get back into Gwent the Witcher card game but diversity of play and strategies is what made Old Gwent fun. Certain players and streamers were known for promoting (playing) certain archetypes. Currently, despite having factions and many new mechanics, the strategy is limited to three main categories, which makes everything feel “samey”. My return lasted about 30 minutes in deck building and 3 matches that played out very similarly despite playing totally different decks :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah I decided to Try Gwent… again… for the 3rd Time now… we’ll see how it goes… Not sure why I keep dropping it.

It’s basically for me a game that used to be 7 to 15 minutes long where you either get destroyed early or you can see the expected outcome after 10 minutes or so.

Now in new Gwent every game, regardless of strategy, takes at least 20 minutes until a winner is decided. I just lose interest as I could finish two or three games in the same amount of time before. Many say it’s like solitaire which is exactly how I feel about it.

Sounds like you’ve put alot of time into it… I myself Still use the Starter Decks… which is fine but the Matchmaking keeps Pairing me with Players with much more Powerful Cards…

where do they get these cards ? who knows :thinking:

Edit:
And now I remember why I gave up on Gwent twice in a Row… Theres little to no Information on how to choose which Faction and Leader I want. Why is this process so Obtuse ? cant I just pick Queen Maev and play ?

Edit 2:
Okay… Im alot wiser than I was when I first Started… soooooo…

Does anyone know if its Possible to just Start Gwent over again from Scratch ? like Delete the Game and Everything in it and just start over ?

Infact from this point forward any time I try a new game I’l just sign up with a “Learning Account” before I make an “Actual Account” to play with. :wink:

I started with a “Learning” account but Gwent (CDPR) is generous so very soon I ended up with good cards on Learning account lol

And, sorry, I never started from scratch. CDPR had reset the game a few times in the past and gave everyone the value of their cards in scraps so players could craft whatever cards they wanted.

1 Like

That must have been around the time of the Beta…

In any case I started over with a new account… I feel better already :slight_smile: Now I just need Cerys :smiling_imp: !!!

on what system or platform are you playing?

PC… Like a god ■■■■ Cave Man :slight_smile:

Speaking of which… is there Cross Play with other Platforms ?

Yes with Xbox.

Well… atleast thats better than Nothing :slight_smile:

Edit:

TLDR:

and heres the long Version:

So I hit Rank 10 and I wanted to Celebrate by trying some Ranked Season matches… and this season Duplicates any Unit you play… :imp:

My first match was against some guy playing MilfGaard with the “Strategic WithdrawalLeader Ability… Okay fine… seems kinda broken but I guess thats the whole point of this mode… But thats only Half of the Problem… the Real Problem is this Piece Of ■■■■ Card:

Yeah this card is fine in Classic Rank Matches… I think. But in Seasonal Ranked its completely busted since it can be played not just Indefinitely… but Perpetually… as in you can Spawn so Many of them they literally cant even be Played At All.

And What Troll could resist such an Aggravating Setup… and that’s the Real Problem here… I never Expected to actually win a single Match in Seasonal Mode but what this Setup does is Really Draw Out Losses… i think when I first Realised what I was up against it took a full 90 Seconds from me Surrendering to when the Opponent Finally Ran out of Turns… and boy oh boy he savor every moment of it despite beating me 109-12 in round 2. Honestly you don’t even need to Win with this setup… just dragging out matches with it is Bound to Produce alot of Salt…

I encountered this setup 4 Times in a Row and honestly If I see any MilfGaard’s Running Strategic Withdrawal I’m just going to Forfeit Right Out Of the Gate…

Lucky for me I ran into a Charming Player using the Monsters Faction eventually and I lost… it was alot of fun. :slight_smile: This may have to do with me commiting to just one faction so so I dont know how to play the other ones… its nice to see other Strategies people are employing… especially in Season Mode.

Honestly I don’t even care about winning at all in any mode (Which is why Arena Mode is pointless since you have to win it by atleast 2 Games to be Worth While)… My current Deck is mostly just for Kicks… I set it up exclusively just to blow throw every single one of my cards as fast as Possible… which is fun because I get to actually play all 25 of My cards. It actually can beat other players who’s collection is as Sparse as mine is. I think thats a Healthy Mind set going forward… just play to experiment and have fun. Winning doesnt even Grant that much XP anyway and doesn’t Grant Any Resources At All… you get more than half just for making it to the end and the amount of time you save by forfeiting all the Season Troll Matches to play a decent human really adds up… or adds down…

Also who Remembers this Card from The Witcher 3 ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now this was Busted !! Sort Of…

1 Like