Any hope for having a full 1080p boost for KI with DirectX 12?

The game runs actually on 900p. It looks pretty good but… Will be possible upgrade the graphics of this game with the upcoming DX12 update? What benefits DX12 can bring for KI? Will KI remain on 900p.?

1 Like

Most likely it will

If they release a PC version without a 1080p option I would be floored. As to whether or not that makes it to the Xbone…who knows.

No, DX 12 will not solve the problem. This is a quote from a witcher 3 programmer :

“I think there is a lot of confusion around what and why DX12 will
improve. Most games out there can’t go 1080p because the additional load
on the shading units would be too much. For all these games DX12 is not
going to change anything,”

“They might be able to push more triangles to the GPU but they are not
going to be able to shade them, which defeats the purpose. To answer the
first question, I think we will see a change in the way graphics
programmers will think about their pipelines and this will result in
much better systems hopefully.”

Dx12 probably may not do it but the Xbox ones games are mostly pc and can be upgraded graphically like KI did, so dx12 does make it easier for the upgrades and background effects to be powerful

It was remarkable for the devs to go from 720 to 900p in the first place, but I think KI deserves the extra push for 1080p even if it means painstaking optimization.

DX12 is not a be-all end-all that will solve world hunger and cure ebola.
It might do nothing at all for KI.

Here’s the 'thang, KI’13 runs a 90fps simulation with a 60fps framebuffer.

Meaning, the game’s inputs and physics are calculated at 90fps but we see the “normal” 60fps gameplay,

With what the XB1 is, perhaps DX12 can help make the simulation smoother so that the framebuffer can do native 1080p as it creates a more efficient CPU.

HOWEVER, I wouldn’t hold out for.

Lighting and particle effects do much more for visuals than 1080p as is. You make an image sharper by increasing its resolution BUT you make something more real with proper lighting.

2 Likes

No harm in hoping…personally I think KI looked better in 720p than 900p

720p or 1080p and 60,90,120 fps I WISH!

1 Like

I doubt it’s possible on the Xbox One without sacrificing frame rates or other visual effects. On PC though it seems promising.

I don’t care so much about the resolution… That debate is nonsense from my humble opinion. What I want is high quality textures and a general boost in graphics. Resolution doesn’t make things change, what I am talking is about lighting, textures and effects…

1 Like

Personnaly I really hope the third season will push the resolution up to 1080p and even include an overall graphic improvement !
This game is a blast, I’m playing it non stop since I bought an Xbox One ^^

Killer instinct could be a nice showroom for Xbox One and DX12 capabilities :slightly_smiling:

Yes it will if you haven’t already noticed the change in Kim wu stage it’s in 1080p

Is there any official source? Because I can t really tell because YouTube videos dumb the resolutions down.
I really hope for a graphical update, it will help new people join the game, even if I’m a fervent supporter of the gameplay>graphics I can see the benefits of a graphical update, even if is the resolution bumped to 1080

Try Maximilian channel archives or the s3 changes thread

Very true this plesse

1080p is not confirmed in S3 for Xbox One version of the game, only the lighting change on the stages. The lighting change makes the game look very good but it’s not 1080p.

I hope it will be 1080p … this game can really become a showcase for Xbox One.
And that’s enough to hear bad mouthing about Xbox One power and resolution issues.