Any advice for a tournament?

LOL You know well enough I punish you for that every single time.

Lol He’s still my student at my Dojo. He’s very quick to jump the gun. We must practice more.

@oTigerSpirit! We need to train your heart & mind! 3 laps around the mountain. Be back before sundown.

-Master Ostrich™

1 Like

Lol sorry Master Ostrich™, I get carried away sometimes. :sweat_smile:

Side note, I really oughta do 3 laps, i’m getting pretty fat.

1 Like

I actually like to challenge top shadows, will check them again. The most problematic shadow for me is…wow, another Wulf, lol.

Thanks Storm, I appreciate it n_n
and of course would love to play with again.

yay! I think I remember fighting your shadow =D and Tiger’s Spirit also. I’ll check them again. My shadow is no big deal, I’m not training it much, and if you fight it just wait it to perfrom heavy back forward LK (linker) XD. I always break it there LOL. Don’t know how to tell it to stop it.

I think it’ ll be a good idea to bring my headset. I mean, I was used to playing with all the terrible arcade sounds, lol. But now I got too used to playing quietly at home.

Here is a trick to calm down when nervous. Close your eyes. Breath in for 5 seconds,breath out for 5 seconds. Repeat until calm. My Karate instructor tauht me that. Try it and it work. Also have a spare controller,headset,etc. A water bottle helps as well.

1 Like

I have some advice for you that I’m surprised nobody has already shared yet: respect and be polite to your fellow tourney attendees and opponents. You’d be surprised at how much further that will get you. They may even be willing to share their own tips and tricks with you or add you as a friend when everything’s all said and done. :wink:

1 Like

Nah… Just be a DSP lol.

Unless your Rico :laughing:

Well, I think that is kind of given. I don’t think anyone wants to go up there, calling everyone out, and being a jerk to everyone. Lol

Still wondering what that means, I checked the urban dictionary but…dind’t get if it’s the right one lol

That was terrible and sad =(

DSP is someone called DarkSydePhil, who is a Youtuber who is very ignorant and vulgar about everything, who is quick to jump the gun about things, and not think before he says things. Earning the hate of the internet, to the point he is called “The King of Hate.”

Things like being racist, calling people out, not playing games properly and then saying the developers are the cause of his terrible game experience, spending donations on other things rather than improving Youtube and twitch…

Yeah. LOL

1 Like

I hear it’s all an act. I don’t watch DSP, but I heard UltraDavid talking about him, saying that “back in the day” DSP was a cool person, and that now he thinks it’s all just a shtick to get hits. I’m inclined to believe him.

I believe it, but WHY IN THE WORLD would you want to be hated by the internet? Why would anyone want that? It perplexes me someone WANTS that hate and attention… :confused:

Any attention is good attention to some people. I mean if it get you hits, and hits become money…there you go.

Not to go in to politics to hard, but “The Donald” says many stupid things just to get the media’s attention, and that attention turns in to money for those outlets, as well as free advertising for him.

A very successful way for some people to make money is to just be shameless.

1 Like

Get some casual games in at the tournament. It allows you to meet people which will make you feel more comfortable and it also gives you a feel for the setups. If you don’t use a top of the line lag free monitor at home you will notice a different with the monitors used in tournaments and it might catch you by surprise if you don’t practice on them first.

And it might sound stupid but take some long deep breaths before you go into sets, it will help calm you down.

1 Like