Am I the only one that thinks Fulgore is Eagle?

Fulgores “brain” is based off Eagles brain and personality, ect… he is basically linked up to the Ultra tech computer like the Matrix. Fulgore runs off that technology and all his skills and essence is built off off Eagles DNA or whatever.

So technically Eagle is still his own being and Fulgore can still operate with out Eagle being connected to the Matrix. Why ? Because Fulgore started to become Sentient and AI just like Aria. He isnt up to her level…but he is taking baby Fulgore steps.

So once Eagle is up and on his own feet again, Fulgore will be his own self…just based off Eagles brain. FUlgore will kind of be like Eagles robot child.

Thats the best way I can explain it.

5 Likes

Basically, if you’ve ever seen the Batman Animated episode “His Silicon Soul”…Fulgore is pretty much that now: a robot whose AI is based on a human and is so near-authentic he’s convinced he is in fact part human…Eagle to be more specific.

2 Likes

Fulgore is like the “Shadow Lab version” of Eagle sitting on the couch playing KI in Shadow lab!

1 Like

It’s always been an accepted theory that Eagle is Fulgore. With the recent chapter in the KI Novella, we now know that…

SPOILER

Fulgore isn’t directly Eagle, but that his conscious and fighting spirit was transferred into Fulgore, ARIA keeping Eagle in a tube, until Glacius got him out of there.

Are we talking about Shakespeare here? I thought it was the plot of a fighting game. Let’s look around at the competition - MK has been rebooted and retconned in the last five years. Plus they have characters like “meat” and Skarlet throwing blood across the screen. SF is… well, it’s an anime plot if you can even use the word plot. I can’t even figure out what order the games are supposed to happen in. Alpha, 1, 2, IV, V, III? Who the heck knows, or cares? Bringing Eagle back from the dead doesn’t even scratch the surface of preposterous by comparison. That’s not even mentioning the discarded plots of KI1 and KI2.

I know you are going to grouse at me, but the plot of a fighting game is like garnish. It’s just there to add a little something to the dish. It’s not the main course.

2 Likes

So…pretty much the John Carmack approach (story in a game is like story in a X-rated video…it’s expected to be there but that’s not why people get it)?

3 Likes

I know that story/background in a fighting game does not matter much, but look what it does. 2 months ago no one gave a crap about eagle or even knew who he was. Now you have a bunch of people wanting a character that was written in this story. I just think if eagle was that big of a deal then people would have wanted him before 2 weeks ago. I always have looked at it as eagle has been in the game for 3 years now.

Someone else can have my seat on the Eagle bandwagon :trolleybus:

LOL!

Not in any game, but in a fighting game? Pretty much yes. But I think the level of rewriting and “adaptation” going on here is a lot closer to comic book territory than to adult film plot. I actually think the writing in the new novella is really good. The plot is not earthshattering, but that doesn’t mean you can’t tell a good story with it.

The point I’m making is that running around trying to tie up all the loose threads from each characters two paragraph bio, and then complaining about inconsistencies, is just a waste of energy.

EDIT:[quote=“SadisticRage76, post:28, topic:11156”]
I just think if eagle was that big of a deal then people would have wanted him before 2 weeks ago.
[/quote]

Our permabanned former rant poster @MoonlightNinja wanted Eagle for a long time. Probably not the best example. If it’s any comfort I have very little interest in Eagle. But I also had zero interest in Kim Wu, Gargos or Mira. And those characters all turned out great in my opinion.

1 Like

To me, it feels like with both Mira and Eagle IG has taken an approach to “new” characters that would be comparable to how Hasbro (yes, I’m using a lot of outside sources as comparisons today, just bear with me) has made their My Little Ponies or the Transformer jets (Starscream, Thundercracker, Ramjet). As far as actual design…they’re mostly just the same toys you already have with a new paint job or slight modifications. But then so to distract you from the fact they make an elaborate story about how no, it’s not the same character…in fact it is entirely different with different motivations, backgrounds, hopes & dreams.
…but essentially you’re getting the same character, slightly remixed.
I do have to say so far we don’t know what Eagle will be, but I think it’d be safe to assume while he may have some of his own moves…his base will be a Thunder/Fulgore mix.

Just wanted to say no one ever in any form of canonical media confirmed that Eagle was Fulgore now. Only through hints and insinuations did we know Eagle was tied to the Fulgore units advancement as War Machines. Never mentions anything about transformations, brain transplants, transfigurations, android/cyborg programs. Eagles existence was Always Always ALLways a mystery. “Dead or Alive? IDK but Fulgore tho” has always been Eagle’s story. Now its finally confirmed his mind has been uploaded into the machines to enhance there response to battle thanks to Aria’s godlike intelligence and Glacius’ s telepathic emblazoned genetic coding.

3 Likes

Canon?

It was from the original comic…outside of the 2 original games, it was the only other source for KI lore. I’d call that cannon.

1 Like

Comic book Cannon

Here is what Human Eagle looked like when he won the 1st KI tournament…notice the Fulgore arm blades…and remember what Aria said about him and why she captured him. he was the best at everything basically.

The thing is tho…its not Canon. TJ didnt kill a Riptor in this game but he did in that comic. Eagle and Fulgore do have a connection but they arent One being. We knew this game was a reboot for 3yrs why are people still confused?

This chic Kara would be a good addition to the cast as the Ultra tech female agent opposite of Orchid.

1 Like

Im not confused…I dont think anyone here is confused. What is there to be confused about? We are all using what info we have and basing a theory off said info. Nothing more

If that were the case then the response to my initial comment would be “I know how the story is now, but this is how it looked like it would turn out from what I learned over the years.” But instead my comment was rebutted with comics maybe Im assuming but that response makes me think there is more confusion than sound fan fiction being understood as fan fiction.

Others might be confused…but Im not. Im crafting my own theory based off the new novel with a touch of the comics. I mean they had to use the comics as some sort of base to create the new story. KI classic had nothing that said Eagle was in Fulgore to the degree teh comics stated. KI classic only stated that Thunder was looking for him and that Orchid possibly killed him… and then spinal was brought into the mix at Eagles grave stone. So technically all we can truly count on is the Novella at this point…but it doesnt hurt to look at the comic and theory craft.

And with that I agree you. Though personally I geeked Alot when they finally gave some hard KI lore on the fate of Eagle.