Aganos Buffs!

I just wanted to address this 1 little phrase for kicks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As an experienced Aganos main, I can tell you that his instinct is awesome in so, so many ways with his peacekeeper. Iā€™ll review some features of it to show you what I mean. :wink:

• it reaches nearly full-screen
  • it has a chain-combo that can be mixed-up
  • it can hit overhead (standing HP), high (standing LP or standing MP), or low (D+HP)
  • it can be used as an anti-air (QCF+P or standing HP)
  • it can destroy nearly every single projectile when thrown
  • it causes severe knockback when thrown (on hit or block)
  • it causes a hard knockdown (standing HP)
  • it causes actual damage (there is no white damage)
  • it does chip damage
  • on hit, it does anywhere between 10-15% damage all by itself per hit.
  • it keeps coming back while in instinct
  • it can ā€œcheckā€ opponents on block (after block, can then mix-up into a follow-up attack that hits)
  • it can recapture with J+P into full combo punish

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more, but thatā€™s just off the top of my head. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I like to use D+HP and standing HP interchangeably as an incredibly easy, near full-screen overhead-low mix-up.

ā€¦and sure, it breaks after 3 hits, but with all of the utility that that ā€œinstinct thatā€™s pretty uselessā€ possesses, I think thatā€™s pretty fair oeverall.

1 Like

Aganos peacekeeper has been unofficially dubbed ā€œthe equalizerā€ in tournament commentary, and for good reason.

Aganos has an incredible instinct.

Not to mention you can special cancel out of the first two hits of the club from nearly full screen. You can also combo a ruin into a thrown club (I think), you can also place walls up safely after thrown clubs as well as combo ND after a thrown club.

Also you forgot to mention One Crazy element of his Club. Instant Unblockable Wall-Crashing.

Regarding everything you said, youā€™re right except for 1 - you canā€™t combo the club after a ruin, because any special move will destroy the club (except for certain unusual circumstances with natural disaster, which I havenā€™t quite been able to figure out yet). That being said, thanks for mentioning those - I canā€™t believe I forgot about the ability to throw an opponent through a wall with the peacekeeper (thatā€™s always a fun thing to do). As for cancelling into special moves, I knew you could, but I personally donā€™t do it often, so I simply didnā€™t think about it - thanks for bringing that 1 up too. You can put up a wall after a thrown peacekeeper, because the block/hitstun is good enough to chunk up at least once, and thatā€™s slower than putting up a wall. This may change depending on how many chunks Aganos has, but itā€™s still the case, generally speaking. Finally, Iā€™m glad that you mentioned using natural disaster after a thrown club - itā€™s something Iā€™ve not considered or really done before (probably because a thrown peacekeeper is easily blocked), but itā€™s always nice to know whatā€™s possible, since ya know, you donā€™t want to sound ignorant like @KombatKronicles (no offense, BTW!). :stuck_out_tongue:

I Just tried to see if you actually could put up a wall after a thrown peacekeeper safely. What I found is interesting. In EVERY scenario I tried (1, 2, 3, and 4 chunks on hit and then on block), the opponent recovered BEFORE the wall went up, which means itā€™s ā€œtechnicallyā€ NOT safe. What does make it ā€œmostlyā€ safe however, is the knockback itself. Not many characters have answers that are quick to counter from far away (I would hazard that teleporting characters would be your best bet though - Spinal with a skull, for example), so in most cases, you should be fine. Naturally, having fewer chunks is better as it makes your own recovery from putting up the wall faster. :wink:

I also tried the natural disaster follow-up to the peacekeeper throw, and while it is possible, the opponent recovers faster, so even though it can connect, itā€™s more likely that the opponent will block the natural disaster and follow up with a punish (which would be easy for them. For that reason, I would not recommned doing this unless youā€™re desperate and going for a hail mary.

Your post was fine, IMO, except for the 1 line, which I addressed. My apologies if I hurt your feelings. Also, regarding your statement, and because I can no longer see your previous post, I honestly canā€™t tell if youā€™re being sarcastic or not about him being uber-great. :disappointed_relieved:

OD dramatic KombatKronicles. Your post was completely acceptable but hey spilt milk.

@GalacticGeek I thought you would be able to combo a Ruin following a thrown club since I link a Ruin after a raw Payload all the time. If you input Ruin before payload connects it will crumble, but if you allow payload to connect the stun is great enough to combo into heavy ruin. If you had a wall/s up? Murder She Wrote.

Now, that does work; and Iā€™ve known about that for a very long time. Iā€™ve personally hated that the chunk disintegrates if you do it too early, but they likely did that for balance reasons.