Absolute Battle 2016 roll call!

Anyone here going to Absolute Battle 2016 in Dallas ,TX on August 26th - 28th?
I know its not EVO or as big as the 3 majors but its the closest one to where I live and really the only one I can realistically make it to. It looks like a really nice place.

Hope to see some of you there!

http://absolutebattle.com/

3 Likes

Good luck at the tournament!

I’ve been trying to make it to a major (or semi-major) for years and something always comes up. I don’t live in TX anymore otherwise, I’d try to join you. I’d love to meet some KI friends in RL and see how far I can make it.

1 Like

I’ve never been to a big tournament either…only a small Game stop and local comic book store tournament LOL.

I’m mainly going for the experience…Id love to win and all that but its not the priority. i just want to support the scene and just take it all in.

I’m lucky that my fiancee is even excited to do something like this! I think she is more excited about going than I am…so that’s good.

So far Kevbones and Thrash Heavy said they will be there.

1 Like

Thrash Heavy is a local and an all around good guy. I’ll never forget the epic match we had in ranked lol

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Yep , super cool dude and the singer on the Omen song!

1 Like

He sent me to losers at CEO, and despite that, I found him very friendly and helpful - he even gave me his business card. I just wish I hadn’t incidentally shown him my tech the day before competing by spending an hour+ practicing with him.

1 Like

I actually played against him in ranked yesterday…he has a mean TJ…

1 Like

I will see you there…

1 Like

All registered as of today. KI was the main reason, but I’m doing SFV and MKX for funsies too.

1 Like

So does anyone know the process of when you get your Player pass and spectator passes? Does it come in the mail? Do you just show up and they look to see if you are on the list and hand them to you then?

I cant get anyone from the event to respond and there is no information explaining how it all works.

I do not like the fact that you travel across the country hoping they get everything right with a receipt in your pocket from Paypal.
They dont have brackets up… the dont have info on group room rates for the hotel the event is at. (You can get a lower rate if you call the hotel and explain, but they do not know about the event or an advertised discount rate)

Its only 2 weeks away and so far Im not really impressed at all.

Wanna me ask Absolute Battle on twitter for you?

You arent curious as well? People are just ok with not knowing if everything is taken care of while traveling across the country?

How did it work at the last tournament you went to?

My mom only know how did it work… Hey, do you want me ask my mom to help you or not?

Don’t call “hot” to my mom! lol

Come on man, not cool.

Funny, but not cool. :relaxed:

But on topic: I haven’t had any updates either, but I’m not sweating it. Mainly because I live thirty minutes from the venue. So travel time and risk involved with uncertainty is relative. That being said, twitter would probably be a good route to go for those of you traveling.

1 Like

Okay. My mom will PM you for few hours later.

Kev and I have a joke between us about his mom and us meeting up in Dallas in 2 weeks. He knows Im joking. Im engaged and my fiancee will be with me in Dallas when we all meet. Plus Im much older than Kev.

2 Likes

(cough) I like your wife…

2 Likes

lol…see there you go! We can trade for the night! lol

2 Likes