A Commentator/Competitors Opinion on the New Level 4 Enders

Here’s a question that dates back to the 3 stages announcment:

@rukizzel @TempusChaoti Were you guys expecting this kind of reaction?

[quote=“Infilament, post:176, topic:6300, full:true”]
Then if I strongly dislike one of the changes and implore the dev team to reconsider, I’m a hater who will murder the entire project.[/quote]

Hmmm…this logic seems impeccable to me. @Infilament , try not to murder the entire dev team. At least leave a few alive to tell the tale and warn other, would-be studios to never incite your wrath with lone features you don’t feel strongly about.

Would people be happier if the blackout ender only happened on Lvl 4 shadow enders? They wouldn’t be seen all that often compared to just regular lvl 4 ender, and to me they would make more sense seeing as the change has something to do with the shadow energy mantra of S3.

1 Like

Oh yeah Saajam still plays and I guarantee he would wipe the floor with you. Send him a fight request…Id love to see it!

Ask LCD if he still plays…ask any of the people he faced at the World CUp S3 preview matches if he still plays.
Just go watch any of the S3 preview matches at World Cup and you will get your answer.

I like the new effect. But I’m by no means a competitive player. If those that are don’t like it, then let’s make it an option you can turn off.

2 Likes

Yes he would wipe the floor with me and ?

Speaking of poo-flinging, just look at the massive one this trouble-maker tossed across the room:

Fnrslvr, just who exactly are you speaking on behalf of? BigBadAndy and the imaginary people you think dislike me for stating my opinions?

This is not the first time you have attacked me sarcastically in an unprovoked manner, even when it has nothing to do with the thread. Frankly I don’t know where it all comes from, but I believe that’s the very definition of bullying.

What, is it because, for whatever strange reason, you can’t stand people agreeing or liking my posts?

Stop this predatory behavior.

I just can’t believe that a consensus at MS/IG thought this looks good.

Going to step in here right now and request that any further back and forth is taken directly to PMs between the two of you. It doesn’t belong in a public thread.

7 Likes

Ya mean like it’s already doing since season1? like barely changing at all?

Personally I would love to have the effects because it makes the fights more exciting and dynamic, BUT if it really does some how manage to hurt people’s eyes…I guess we can sacrifice dynamics for the physical health of the people.

Unless they manage to find a happy medium.

Yes, if anyone is having personal quarrels with one another, take it up with said person in the PMs.

That said, getting back to the topic’s post.

4 Likes

Hate to say it but thats how it goes on this forum. You dislike something and you are a hater.

I moaned a lot about some Season 2 stuff and all i heard S2 is balanced and everything is fine, why do you even play - this game is perfect and and and. But S3 has more changes compared to S2 than S2 to S1. And actually they are going more towards S1 and on top give you characters that can win Matches without doing a combo or play the combo breaker game (actually Aganos is already a character that does not need to play the combo game imo). I will play Tusk a lot and i love nearly all S3 changes. Actually i love all S3 gameplay and balance changes except for one. Omen keeps his Shadow Fireballs and Shield even when he gets hit. I even like cam now cause they fixed a lot of complaints about the system (mainly from me - which werent that bad i guess since they changed it) - and i argued against so many people that are just blind because of fanboyism which is hard.

The only thing i now dislike are these cheaply made Level 4 Ultimate Replacements that expose all the bad stuff in terms of animations and collision boxes.

What i want to say - we argued a lot and had different opinions - so i can say please ignore the haters.

Or you disagree with something somehow its “negative.” It took me a bit but I think I have a feel for the forum now.

I’m not a big fan of S3 changes but its not enough to make me walk out on the game or franchise entirely.

1 Like

Yesterday I addressed that these new enders look jarring and out of place. I suggested that they’ll need a whole lot of work to look right. After reviewing more of these new enders I can safely say that I’m wholly opposed to them in their current form. They simply do not mesh well with KI’s hyper-fast combat. :disappointed:

I don’t believe that they can receive enough polish to look smooth and keep up with KI’s combat speed appropriately while being ready for launch on the 29th. I believe that for the good of competitive play and first impressions, these new enders need to either be scrapped or have an option to toggle between old and new.

Perhaps IG can deliver a much more polished version of these enders sometime down the line. If they do then I’ve some suggestions: Do away with the black screen and music cutting. Besides the weird camera angles and misplaced hits these are probably the main culprits on why they look so jarring. Secondly, slow down with the camera transitions. Try to keep the fight on the 2D plane. Lastly, this might not be easily done but try to match up the animations so that the characters are actually hitting each other.

PS: I like @KOEmawk suggestion of trying to make them more like the ones in the season one trailers. These enders are just rocking with impact and are actually cool to look at. :relieved:

Of course not everyone is like that example and yes i like KI thats why i would never leave this forum (this does not exclude quitting playing the game)

Almost did at one point leave the forum since its so “different” from all the other forums ( non gaming included) I’ve been on. Have a better feel for it now.

OT thought whatever they do with these enders I’ll still play the game.

That’s what I liked about the enders as you mention, the WHAM effect.

2 Likes

I think that if there’s going to be more effects added to Lvl4 enders, I think the best way to do it would be to utilize KI’s incredible particle effects. The embers from an endokouken, the snowy cloud after hail, the burst of sand during sacrifice, even the basic blood and sparks from being hit are excellent already. Expand upon the shockwaves and explosive impacts we see in the current enders to add more bang to our buck.

To add to it, rather than having the glowing mist or a completely black background, simply darken the stage ala MKX fatalities/X-Rays. I suggested this earlier as just an alternative to the build we saw on stream, but it even further emphasizes the strength of KI’s particle effects. With the stage a tad darker, every hit of the Ender would light up the whole room. It’d be killer!

Also, one more thing: Regardless of what winds up happening to the visual effects, please let the music play uninterrupted during the ender. My favorite feeling is starting a big ender on Jago’s stage and hearing the guitar go DNUH on the last hit, or ending a round to hear Cinder’s classic guitar solo start up.

@developers I hold hope you take some of the suggestions that’ve been posted in these threads, even if you have to sift through some wacky stuff to find feedback. These could be really cool. They’re currently the only thing I’m anxious about in Season 3, but I have a feeling you guys have the moxy to figure out a way to make it more widely appealing.

3 Likes

Too bad they removed the darkening effect from endokukens.
But now there is a really good opportunity to bring it back, that might work really well.

They should also give more attention to sound design. If they make lvl 4 enders sound meatier, they won’t even need to add anything else. I can’t overstate how important sound design is, many people don’t realize that, but good sound design can drastically improve almost any game.

2 Likes

Yeah I find it funny that the reason they said they took it away is because it’s “Too Distracting”.

What the heck do they think the new enders do?

5 Likes