A Commentator/Competitors Opinion on the New Level 4 Enders

even tho all the level 4 ender talk extinguished a bit of hype, I managed to pull up from the nose dive. starting by ordering my fulgore figure with that sick azz color 10.

hype levels are currently holding altitude at around 6,000 ft.

1 Like

you bought an Xbox for this game, right?
ya I know a few people personally who have done that. pretty cool, in a wreckless loyal kinda way. lol

But isnt the new effect the blacking out and camera rework? What new effect are you talking about? Cause you said you like the new effect but not the camera and blacking out.

This is a serious question cause to me this is the new effect paired with the mist.

Dayv0 it looks fine!

i agree with you on the type of ender though damage enders could be cool.

Well I would have got an xbox regardless because I love Halo and Gears but took the step to upgrade from 360 for but not exclusively for KI.

I bought each season, 2 Shago figures(one for a friend), Pins, a Shago Mask and my first Arcade Stick because I just could not consistently do DPs and other stuff with the dpad. In total all that is over 400$ for me and I plan to buy all figures that come out from now on so that number will climb.

No regrets.

2 Likes

I think this is something that multiple professionals are coming together to voice feedback on, then it is something that should definitely be looked at by MS/IG. Actually, I think this is one of the first times in a long time weā€™ve seen such a high concentration of people rallying against a new feature being added to the game. Sure, every time something new comes out you have the nitpickers and the naysayers and the people who love to fling hyperbole around, but I feel like now we are actually seeing a cohesive, united front against the new level 4 enders. Countless threads suggesting changes, people bemoaning sudden snapping cameras and janky animationsā€¦ it goes on and on. I think at this point, they should seriously look into changing the level 4 enders.

And I say this as someone who originally thought the enders were cool. When I first saw them on stream it was very quick, and I didnā€™t really have time to process the repercussions that they would have. Now that Iā€™m able to watch them over and over again, I can see where all the problems are coming from, and moreover itā€™s sort of making me realize that this might be the type of thing that gets old quickly. That being said, I still do really like the idea behind the new endersā€“I like the fact that the developers wanted to add a little bit more of a cinematic aspect to the game, to add emphasis to such a powerful ender and add hype to the playing experience. I would just like to see that accomplished a little bit better, as at this point it seems like the new effects are having the opposite effect of what the devs were hoping for.

Maybe this is just a WIP, and maybe things will be polished up, but I still think the core problems that people have with it will remain despite that. Fading the background to black will always make the ending of the ender (har har) feel like a rushed situation, making it harder to remember your position on stage and thus decide between your options accordingly. Tailoring animations to make them seem less odd in adjusted camera anglesā€¦ I donā€™t know how much work that would take, but given that nothing is ever simple in programming, I would assume a lot. Maybe it is better to remove the affects, or change them so they simply occur at the end of a round, or something.

I donā€™t want to seem unappreciative because I get what they were trying to do, I really do, this just seems to be causing a lot of backlash and I would hate for S3 to be diminished because of this. I was hoping for a massive revitalization of the community of the 29th but with so many key players feeling wary about the new enders, wellā€¦ Iā€™m feeling a bit wary myself. But all in all I think we can agree that the people voicing their opinions on this are all very passionate about KI and have important things to say. I trust IG and MS to make an informed decision on this one.

6 Likes

ME too mate!

Id say scrap them for NOW! and polish them bring them back for Gargos launch at the end of the season.

ya, I always wanted to support the game more than I have. the only extra things Iā€™ve picked up are a KI shirt and a fulgore figure.
then all content for SE 1-3.

I really wanted to throw in for the shago fundraiser but never did. Good to see people picked up my slack thošŸ˜Š I hope this game still satisfies you and they joy is extended for long afterwards.

1. Make them optional.
  2. S3 is out soon. Letā€™s all try & see how they fit and then decide. Changes can always be made.

Yeah theyā€™ll be taken out and back to normal but Iā€™d doubt anything will go in their place.
Youā€™ll just get the season without anymore ā€˜frillsā€™

Yeah aside from this whole fiasco about the level t enders I love everything they have done with S3 to me it is a huge improvement and looks and feels like a whole new game. Personally, I think the new UI/Character select screen and animations is absolutely amazing, the lighting is beautiful and makes the game look so much better and cleaner, the new balancing and reworks for all characters and mechanics is amazing pretty much everything is awesome (lol) and I am sure once they fix the level 4 enders to everyones, majorily speaking, will be amazing too. I love KI and is the game that got me deep into the FGC so I wonā€™t ever let go of my bae.

1 Like

lol sad isnā€™t it we are progression prevention here!

load of tosh!

Tweak it. make it brilliant and TEST build it beta it?

1 Like

that is true. one guy kindly pointed out that PC players are less forgiving and that KI has one chance to make an impression.

while Iā€™d normally argue a little with that, now Iā€™m not so sure. heres why.

lately Iā€™ve played an hour of the division uninstalled it.
Homefront beta. like 10 minutes called trash and uninstalled it.
battlefield hardline: played like 4 times and deleted it.

Iā€™m sure I donā€™t represent the majority of people, but it makes me pause on his comments and ask if itā€™s possible. my actions lately would certainly say, yes.

Iā€™m for giving it a go. I know it needs a lot of work. I can see each sides points but I play a game for my enjoyment. As I said b4 I donā€™t care about pros. They didnā€™t buy the game for me.
Iā€™m sure a middle ground could be reached but I think the collective backlash will put paid to that.
Itā€™ll be taken out and left on the floor

thats VERY true. Aint we full up on EVO pros :wink: dont we need the casual that this kinda thing appeals to?

But its nice that all the people who dont usually post here have come to give their feed back too (LCD not included)!

To me these enders looks LESS out of place in the game than RASH does and i didnt see a riot then so im not about to take too much note of this one lol

But hey its all opinions :smiley:

Lets test it! This COULD be brilliant but it needs to be right! Lets try and get it right before we throw it out!

Iā€™m also on the side of not liking it so far. I voted for liking it though, but have since changed my mind. Like a lot of people in the stream the first reaction is Whoa nice!, special effects, then later people start to look critically at it.

I know its a work in progress and if they can clean it up/make it cool Iā€™m all for it, not in the current state though.

I think @WandaMaximoff had the right idea, they shouldnt be included at the launch of season three. They should really take a good look at them and see if they can be made awesome to (mostly) everyones satisfaction and launched later, or if they need to be scrapped completely.

1 Like

Well, not counting today, the have exactly 10 days to make the level 4 enders more palpable. I have faith in them. When they first announced that there would only be 3 stagesā€¦ it broke my heart. And when they showed the new shadow effects, it was blasphemy! LOL! But then I really started to appreciate the new lighting system as well as certain other announcements that we will not speak of. The latest build of the shadow effects are almost on par with the previous one. Theyā€™ll come up with something to appease us with the level 4 enders. The problem with making them an option is that they will never see competitive play, and for the most part, I donā€™t think people would use it unless youā€™re into Naruto games like me, LOL! I like the idea, but it definitely needs to be refined so that it will not disrupt game-play.

People are saying wait for it to be finished or it just needs some polish. The thing is whenever they have indeed said something is a work in progress it has never looked significantly different. TJ and Omen both look near identical to their original forms and even then TJ is seen as one of the least appealing characters.

The new enders donā€™t need polish, they need a coat of wax, some sculpting, they need leonardo davinci working on it, they need to resurrect Picaso and let him create a miracle to make the new enders look decent.

4 Likes

my thing is that yes this will need alot of work. there have been many many feedback talking about various problems with the current enders and the devs need to go back to the drawing board and start over keeping these suggestions in mind. i simply dont think 2 weeks is enough time to do this properly. at this point i dont mind if they dont launch with this feature in and work on it some more because as someone said first impressions are EVERYTHING especially when dipping into an entire new market like the PC players.

real talk at this point i dont care and would not mind if they go so far as to delay the game to fix this properly. as shigeri miyamoto once said ā€œA delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever badā€

1 Like

But of course. When someone shares negative thoughts about the game, itā€™s always something malicious and deliberately undermining the community. So far Iā€™ve seen ā€œbrainwashingā€, ā€œcampaigningā€, ā€œrecruitingā€.
Iā€™m waiting for my favourite one, shilling, but it wouldnā€™t fit here unfortunately. But you can either call yes-men shills that have no criticisms of the devs and their actions ooooor you can be original and say that Double Helix shills, spiteful that DH were acquired by Amazon, come and diss the game.