3 new characters?! First up: Kilgore!

Really? Sounds kind of funny to me. I’d like a more grimey feel in the instruments to better suit his malfunctioning robotics.

This rings better to me, maybe?

You didn’t have to delete it, your point was valid and you were just defending the game. That’s admirable, can’t wait to try Kilgore though!

I’m not gonna dispute how good Fear Factory are, but Kilgore strikes me as more amusingly broken in his mannerisms rather than badass, which is why I thought goofy/funny fit perfectly. I dunno, I guess it’s all about interpretation, for me he seems less like a kick ■■■ robot on a mission, more a junk pile robot that showed up at the wrong time and everyone’s like “Oh what’s that doing here?”

1 Like

Hmm…

3 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

If you refer to the thread about the 12/9 Textual Stream and notice this particular little bit, it almost seems as if they are hinting us toward that direction:

1 Like

Maybe, and if that would be the case it’s better to just update this one. I want the sequel to be a move to reposition the KI brand alongside Gears and Halo… I want it to be a flagship MS game. And anyway it’s not only graphics I’m talking about. It’s UI Design, overall presentation (CGI videos, cinematic story mode) and most of all animation concistency.

Just going off the video, I predict Kilgore will be the most complained about character in the game (as in, frustrating with runaway/zoning). It won’t even matter whether he is a strong character or not.

This is not to discredit IG’s design or anything (which we are still only speculating about), I’m sure it’s really cool. It just seems like this is gonna be one of those scrub magnet characters.

(Also am I the only one who really dislikes the name Kilgore? :disappointed_relieved:)

2 Likes

Id much rather have fixed S1 retros than a reimagined Fulgore…who is already one of the best looking characters in the game anyway. Im not feeling this at all.

I do really like the new Thunder look tho, that at least feels like a nice alternative retro.

They’ve already stated that they’ll never be going back and changing the retros so that has no bearing onKilgore’s place whatsoever. You seem to be focusing on the cosmetics of the character, when I think its more about the gameplay. Yeah Fulgore is one of the best designs in the game and Kilgore isn’t meant to improve that, its just building on that legacy by making another character in the same vein as the original, one that actually fits the lore and mixes up the playstyle Fulgore normally has. I’m looking forward to playing him, he has personality something that Fulgore is lacking.

@Infilament I’ll admit the name isn’t the best but honestly its no better or worse than “Fulgore” is it? I’m fine with it, sounds like a more barbaric aggressive version of Fulgore so I think it suits him.

2 Likes

Deathstroke wasn’t the most op character during Injustice launch, but the bulletstorm keep hundreds complaining for a while. I totally agree with your point

Anyway, it’s not a released character and surely he will see changes, but he seems to deal very poor damage from distance (and even up close)

2 Likes

Well, since we know one of the three characters is getting new music, it’s safe to assume one of the others will be a clone too. My guess is a rushdown Galcius with a sped up Glacius theme to fit the aggressive playstyle. As for the new theme, I’m still convinced Shadow Orchid is coming, and her theme would need to be something completely different from Orchid’s theme.

@developers. I don’t tag you guys much, I don’ t think its always necessary but I just need you to make sure this one thing happens. Or it will be disappointing. Not leave-the-game-forever disappointing, just sigh-and-hang-your-head disappointing. Because I agree with @Fwufikins about Kilgore being goofy but adorable.

Claptrap color.

5 Likes

I think that depends a lot on his escape and reversal options, and how managable he is during his heated-up rushdown which he is supposed to be ultimately building toward.

Well Kilgore is actually a real name. In this case I wonder if it’s an intentional Apocalypse Now reference.

1 Like

SHADOW ORCHID THEME CONFIRMED OMG!!!

lol

Yeah it’ll be a re mix.
Touch me and I’ll scorch your face
@BblackorchidD

1 Like

Lol they just had to spell it KILLGORE

If you look at the gameplay his zoning is hardly an issue, they did a very good job making sure that his attacks and mobility were linked to the “gundown” moves. also that Blanka roll, oh man gimme that.

Also i think Kilgore is fine but Luvgore needs to be a skin where he shoots rainbows and hearts.

2 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY ARE ALL OF YOUR POST SO FUNNY!!! I love you lmfao

Sooo… what was the point of the survey if they add random characters that no one asked for? I dont remember even seeing killgore as an option in the survey, and even if it was and im forgetting it, im pretty sure it wouldnt even be close to be the top pick