3.9 is coming! Any hopes for Gamescom?

The ultimates were completed months ago. Notice how we never had to update the game to get them. They were already there just waiting to be unlocked on their end. They staggered the release to keep us looking forward to something.

6 Likes

What are they doing then?

1 Like

Hopefully they’re working on ultimates for the rest of the cast! :smiley:

2 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

“Stay tuned”

1 Like

So, eeh, will we get these patch notes anytime soon or do we have to stay tuned for another month?

1 Like

In case you guys didn’t know, this is actually the origins of Spinal. He waited so long and got so furious that he traveled back in time to get revenge on @rukizzel

7 Likes

According to Twitter, the current plan is to release them around noon PST. So maybe in the realm of another 1/2 hour to an hour or so from now?

I never knew Spinal was a peeping Tom…

…learn something new every day.

…I’m sure there’s some kind of bone joke in there somewhere as well…

2 Likes

But he is missing the one bone that matters tho.

He’s got 206 others, surely he can improvise. :wink:

4 Likes

That remains tibia seen.

7 Likes

These bone jokes are humerus.

8 Likes

I’m quoting this from this morning @DoobyDude23

2 Likes

That’s been the story of KI for a long time now. Like wave 2 of the figures obviously going to release after the comics start rolling out, and other things might release when the Steam edition comes out in order to give a little incentive. These things are always carefully crafted. It creates the illusion of “more content.”

2 Likes

But in reality it’s
fckin nothing

7 Likes

I am the BEST at that.

8 Likes

We know.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t bet on any new content dropping when the steam version launches unfortunately :frowning:

There’s now way they would keep any substantial content a secret with only weeks to go until launch. I’d love a new clean stage at this point though.

By time more news about KI comes out I’ll already be done with Half Life Thre…Ohhh wait.

RUKIZZELS post about not enjoying saying “stay tuned” was incredibly enlightening.

He spoke to the community earnestly, and revealed that though game companies like IG seem cool and in control on the outside, it’s a real battle on the inside.

I feel like revealing the true struggles of development is a tricky, and potentially dangerous, situation (investors wouldn’t love the idea that the company is fighting, and sometimes losing, for every inch).

That being said, I also think that post, and posts like it, really strengthen the trust factor from us, the Hardcore community.

If something is amiss, if an opportunity seems missed, or something doesn’t seem to the standard we wish it was, Post’s like that should be remembered, and we should really trust that they are doing their absolute best.

This seems obvious, but many times (and I’ve done this myself) we lose trust, and stop giving IG the benefit of the doubt. We assume that they are (and I’ve read these words around here a lot) lazy, stupid, inconsiderate or uncaring, when it turns out they are beating themselves up worse for not meeting their own standards.

Rukari, thanks brother. No other community has it as good as us, and I for one am very grateful for you, the team, and the work and I’m sorry for being rash sometimes and adding to the volatility of trust between the community and the team.

8 Likes