3.8 Tier List by Infil

This tier list is pretty dang solid. One thing that someone else pointed out to me in regards to the tier list is that all the characters in A tier are extremely rewarding but need that initial momentum. I don’t know if you intentionally decided to put the characters there for that reason but I think it’s a good observation.

Isn’t it better to go for a jab into opener when punishing his slide? I think it’s negative enough to do a full combo punish each time.

1 Like

Not going to speak for Dayv0, but a tick throw off slide for one of his mains Aganos isn’t a bad thing, which is where i think that thought coming from. But i’d agree with most other characters, punish into opener ought to be a response to a blocked slide.

2 Likes

This. As Aganos,if chunked, a jab may not come in place to achieve a normal into opener.

I wasnt sure about slide frame data, but I was going to suggest normal into opener once i could check if it was ok to do

Thanks!

1 Like

Its comes as no surprise. I know there is this forum squad of, infil, you, etc who will are very sensitive and will kinda attack any negative post about KI.

Keep acting cool on the forums to get likes while the game has already sank deeper than the titanic.
Tell me why KI S3 is considered a joke by the mainstream FGC ? Tell me

If i had said SFV is brainless, people will like my views.But I really think even as SFV is critized. SFV is a better game than KI.

KI S3 is considered a joke by the mainstream FGC? Where? I don’t see it.

The fact that you’re choosing to ignore any attempts at debating the points made in opposition to your statements implies you’re not even looking for a conversation in the first place.

10 Likes

I don’t really think there is a forum squad out to get people. We are just a bunch of guys and girls talking about a video game, with varying opinions.

Where was this said? I don’t ever remember where people just scoffed of KI. In fact, even today I still hear that KI is probably the best Under the Radar fighting game that more people should play.

Well, I recently got SFV. Like a week ago, and it’s…ok.

4 Likes

I challenge every non logical approach to any conversation about the game in particular, anything in general.

If you say something that is your opinion, as “ki rewards brainless offense”, without anything to back it up, I will challenge it. If you provide facts that banks up that idea, I will provide data wich challenge that idea.

I have changed my opinions when data and logic demonstrates that I was wrong. You have stated opinions as facts, and I can’t accept that

3 Likes

Not only that, but @BiyemAssi237 as a person that main’s Kan Ra (at least that is who you use every time I see you online), how could you say it rewards brainlessness?

Many of the characters, such as Sadira, require a great level of skill to even be successful at high level.

Characters like Rash… Rash… RASH!!! or Shago may seem brainless at lower level, but even they require a level of skill to be good with.

To be good at KI you have to master all sorts of elements that aren’t even present in other fighting games, so KI is not brainless.

1 Like

I talk to multiple high level fg players from other fgs. I haven’t heard many think that. Sonicfox has said there’s too much to keep up with which is a reason he didn’t play it much though he enjoys it . Do you actually go to any tournaments or do you just hang out on twitch streams where people will bash any game that isn’t theres. Because at ceo and combo breaker people who have never played ki were enjoying watching the game. Perhaps you should come up with valid points that aren’t your own opinions which come from misinformed info.

9 Likes

A little off-topic but this has to do with this tier list: Just now I discovered that Infil has an awesome site! http://ki.infil.net/ I’ll read this to learn more (finish all dojo lessons helped just a little) , all newbie players should read this to learn characters weaknesses, strongs and about the game in general. The detail of his site is impressive. Great work @Infilament! Reading characters session helps to understand why this tier list was formulated like this way.

6 Likes

Wow people still don’t know about his site!? Lol

It is quite awesome and informative. Use it well.

2 Likes

I was searching stuff about KI and it appeared on Google search. Then I see the name of the author and I remembered: “Infil is the guy of the forums!” MS/IG should a put a link directly to his site inside of the game. Now I’m training Shadow Combo Breakers in his simulator. lol this is more addicting than Flappy Bird haha I love to hear the narrator say “One-Two-THREE!” :flushed: Educational and fun :laughing:

3 Likes

I thought we linked you to the site on one of your other threads asking for help?
Definitely use his guide and also I recommend watching XBassX YouTube channel " Community sets" , there is also a thread on here where he posts them.
Another great set of video is Sajam’s on youtube, even though they are a bit old as in S2 and beginning of S3… he still teaches you lots of fundamentals that will help you regardless of patch changes ect…
He and Infil have videos where they collaborate as well.

3 Likes

Bass’ channel I already knew, I’m subscribed in his channel since before I stopped playing for the first time. Also some guys of the forums I watched playing in his Rough Sets playlist. Sajam’s channel I didn’t know, I’ll check this later.

1 Like

Still can’t tell if It’s better, but different. However the SFV scene is the dominant one in my country and I hear different opinions. Some say the game is ok and very easy to get into at the same time they say you will get really salty. The comeback factor is not weird, high damaging combos are easy to do. The minimal mistake will cost you a match.

I have, and maybe still do , critize KI. However is the fighter I like the most until now.
I would often say It’s not the game itself the problem,but the way ppl play it. But the game allows that,right?
But I’ve already talked about what I would adjust…

But again I see the local SFV scene complaining about similar things. And they didn’t talk trash about KI, there are other reasons why the game hasn’t grown like SFV here, but that’s another story.

@BiyemAssi237

I’d appreciate if you could maybe not drive this thread into the ditch, please? It was going so well and I’d hate to see it go.

Regardless of the fact that I disagree with you, you’re going off topic and disrupting the conversation.

Not really sure we needed to poke at something ten days old that has already been addressed.

Take it to PMs if you must.

4 Likes

Arbiter is not trash tier ?

1 Like