16 Minutes of Shadow Lords Story Mode

I’m with you, but I had to take a little peek :blush: I liked what I saw so far.

Kinda reminds me of Soul Calibur 2

Absolutely, characters voiced individually - not sure about the narrator, whether it’d be a known-character POV (or various characters interchanging as necessary), or what. But I’m glad someone likes the dramatic reading idea! It’d be perhaps the most accessible method of delivery - between cutscenes (though in this case, traditional stills would be best) with subtitles and the audio tracks, virtually everyone could enjoy it, and miss out on very little.

LCD in Siberia, he says… LOL! :laughing:

1 Like

Did somebody say Ithorians!?

No? Okay, then… :unamused:

2 Likes

If by characters, I’m assuming you mean ALL characters aka including the S1 VAs whom we no longer have access to thanks to the DH buyout. So how does that work?

BTW, in case you haven’t heard, there was supposedly a tease for Soul Calibur 6 yesterday. :wink:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/025/7/0/soul_calibur_v_ivy_by_crystalcosfx-d5spx0t.jpg

2 Likes

Voice actors are wholly replaceable, just like any other medium that applies them. So, it would “work out” by replacing them. Problem solved.

Not every FG VA can be Ruben Langdon.

1 Like

how hard would it be to find a new jago VO that sounds the same? would they replace his entire VO in the game and what if people perfer the old one and start complaining?

First, it might not be as hard as one thinks. It’s not like voice actors aren’t, by trade, relatively versatile in terms what they can do with their voices. It’s not like the original Jago VA used his real voice.

And if people were to complain, so? People complain about nonsense all the time. There will always be people that prefer the old one. Good thing is that people in charge of these projects don’t give a damn. If the old VA is unavailable, should they just NOT proceed at all?

If they had the time, money, and inclination, replacing all voice lines with updated VA’s would be ideal, for the sake of continuity, but otherwise? Fans just need to keep their wholly unrealistic expectations in check.

While it’s fine to do something like a voice change for a sequel maybe, but it’s rather inconstant and awkward to have a voice change for a character in the same game. The game already gets enough flack for it’s level of inconsistencies (still love the game though) and that will just add fuel to the fire.

How many different VA’s have voiced Batman? Did the franchise collapse during Kevin Conroy’s hiatus? Fact is, changing VA’s is incredibly common. Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don’t.

This flame that would be fanned amounts to sputtering twigs, really.

Just had to pull this out because, of course people will complain about everything. But I don’t think you need to worry about anything other than REASONABLE complaints. “You hired a new voice actor because the old one was unavailable and I don’t like it!” Is not s reasonable complaint.

2 Likes

That’s not what I meant. Think of it this way. Your watching an episode of Batman: The Animated Series and in one scene Bats is voiced by Kevin Conroy and two scenes later (in the same episode) he’s now voiced by Roger Craig Smith. That’s the kind of awkwardness I’m getting at here.

Right, but we’re not talking about a dramatic reading of the novella during a playthrough of the S1 story mode either. What we’re discussing would effectively be “an extra”. And I won’t argue that maybe there might be little continuity issue, but is it that big a deal in the grand scheme? I really don’t think so. (To be clear, while Jago would sound different between S1 and DR, it’s not like it would be JagoVA1 during Act 1 of the DR, and VA2 during Act 2, and so on.)

But, as a player of fighting games for the last 20+ years, the continuity and non-sense I am willing to accept are pretty evenly tempered. Also, considering the FG nature of the ordeal, I’d be happy to write off any weirdness in vocal difference to how many times a given character has been punched in the throat throughout the course of the story.

In short, I’d rather have new voice actors than none at all. We can agree to disagree.

2 Likes

I tend to stay out of story discussions because I know some people care a lot, but this kind of sums up how I feel. I don’t really see how a necessary change in voice actor can ruin a fighting game.

3 Likes

I take it like this:
Ichoreans: Good beings, aka “angels”
Ikkorans: evil beings, aka “devils”

So Yeo (the dragon spirit) its an ichorean, and Gargos an Ikkoran

IMO the names are just to similar to be opposites like that. It seems more likely that Gargos is just a corrupted Ikkoran (Ichorien) who maybe became corrupted by absorbing his brethren’s power.

Of the Ikkoran (Ichorien), those who become bad/corrupted are dubbed ‘Shadow Lords,’ and the good ones are called ‘Guardians’.

The devil it’s just a fallen angel.

I mean, oppositescome from the same initial point

That is pretty much my point. Though the Devil may seem different than his former brethren, he is still an Angel…albeit a corrupted one.

The Guardians are Ikkorans, and so are the Shadow Lords.