16 Minutes of Shadow Lords Story Mode

I take it like this:
Ichoreans: Good beings, aka “angels”
Ikkorans: evil beings, aka “devils”

So Yeo (the dragon spirit) its an ichorean, and Gargos an Ikkoran

IMO the names are just to similar to be opposites like that. It seems more likely that Gargos is just a corrupted Ikkoran (Ichorien) who maybe became corrupted by absorbing his brethren’s power.

Of the Ikkoran (Ichorien), those who become bad/corrupted are dubbed ‘Shadow Lords,’ and the good ones are called ‘Guardians’.

The devil it’s just a fallen angel.

I mean, oppositescome from the same initial point

That is pretty much my point. Though the Devil may seem different than his former brethren, he is still an Angel…albeit a corrupted one.

The Guardians are Ikkorans, and so are the Shadow Lords.

For some reason that makes his angel accessories more fitting now lol.

1 Like

I like how the monitor from Halo was in the cutscene, he’s canon I guess.

Yeah, surely Gargos had a different appearance. Like his accessories with feathers on his wings.

Like an angel xD

90 minute SL stream coming at 4:30 pm central according to rukizzel!

As I’m sure we all know/figured out by now, the cut scenes weren’t in order in that IGN video. In an effort to piece together the little bit of story that is there, below I am going to put those cut scenes in order (with time stamps), and describe what is going on in each scene.

After posting the comment in full, I decided to break it out into its own thread. Follow the link if you’d like to comment!

Where I wonder.

Honestly IMHO they should make Arbiter canon. After all it has been explicitly said that this Arbiter is solely KI’s Arbiter. He’s not canonically tied to Halo at all. He’s not Thel Vaddam, He’s not Rippa Mormee (forgive me if I butchered their names’ spellings), he is KI’s Arbiter. If they did the monitors would also make sense in relation to KI.

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly. They’ve already established that Glacius’ species isn’t the only intelligent life beyond Earth (not even getting into portals), or at least they heavily implied it.

When they post about it on Twitter I’ll let you know

https://beam.pro/MicrosoftStudios

@xOGTxBONESx

1 Like

Apparently its here https://beam.pro/MicrosoftStudios

1 Like

Yes I was about to tell you lol

1 Like

right thank you someone else who feels the same, shadow lords should have been just another mode and then they can make a true story mode

They did mention in the Shadow Lords stream that a proper arcade mode might be coming in the future. I mean, it was kinda a non-answer, but at least they did acknowledge that they didn’t see it as a bad idea, just not currently on the slate for season 3. I would probably expect to see it in season 4, if S4 happens.

It’d be great to see a fully voiced KI story (even just in the arcade mode they could have rival cutscenes with actual voices for characters that have voices if you see what I mean). At least I won’t be able to get my hopes up yet as they’ve confirmed that Kan-Ra and Gargos are the only two voiced characters (I will hesitatnly say currently.

All I’m going to say is, no matter how many videos and reveals etc that you watch, you will never grasp the content unless you have played it through, so everyone already crying in a corner please return with your feedback in October after you have played it…

1 Like