Killer Instinct crashes on startup on Windows 11

Hello, I just installed KI on a brand new PC through the Xbox Gamepass. I have tried everything on the internet besides setting my date and time to November 2017 as I refuse to change my clock for a game. Is there any fixes for this? I have uninstalled the game several times as well. Installed it via the Microsoft store to try that, nothing. Launched it with administrator access, nothing. Any help would be more then appreciated.

Hi, Ultra Support will work with you- just wanted to note that there is never any reason to change your date backwards, please do not do that. Not sure if this was advice from a thread elsewhere or just an example?

We will get with you in a direct message to do deeper troubleshooting.

There were several youtube videos that suggested it. But I know its a terrible idea to change your time on your pc as it makes things out of sync. So that was not an option lol

Feels like I have the same issue, but it still worked a day ago.
Reboot and verify didn’t help.

Any news ?

edit
Another occurrence on an official thread, with a maybe fix

Worked for me, thanks to @EligibleHat48 update.

I’ll copy the reddit anwser here for conservation

Tatsujinsan
The fix is simple. No need to wait for MS to address this issue.
Double click both the Gaminput services and look at their location (“path to executable” it is called). You will see that one is located in your C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder, and the other is located in C:\Windows\System32 folder. With your explorer app of preference open both folders, find the executable (GameInputSvc.exe) and hover over it with your mouse. In a second a window will appear. Look at the creation date of the executable. I’m almost 100% certain that the one located in your Program Files (x86) is the the old one (creation date around beginning 2023)
Then check your installed apps (start > settings > apps > installed apps). You will see Microsoft Game Input listed there. The date is somewhere around Feb/March 2023, so this one is old.
Click uninstall !
Then you will see that the executable in the Program Files (x86) is removed. If there are leftovers just manually remove them (delete the complete Microsoft Gameinput folder - you will probably get a warning so you must delete this as administrator)
Restart your PC, check services and only 1 Gameinput will be listed there. If the service is not started, double click it, set it on automatic start, and finally start the service.
The event viewer will no longer display the warnings.