Character Backstory - The Widow's Bite

I think DP means something like shoryuken or tiger’s fury. Basically an uppercut.

1 Like

Well… DP means Dragon Punch, which then is defined by your post :smiley:

Rising Dragon Fist is the full rough translation of shōryūken :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually find Sadira a lot more interesting reading this and it fits well to the canon story.

After all these backstories… I can honestly see material to revive the comic book series or even some animated movie or mini series of KI.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m hoping KI finally introduces some hidden characters and that this character and Eagle wind up being among them. They don’t need their own arenas, though an alternate coloring of Sadira’s and Thunder’s arenas would be pretty awesome, I know that takes time.

She could have a masked appearance like one of the women from Sadira’s trailer and actually use Sadira’s rig. Maybe she can do a variation on blade demon as one of her special moves, but otherwise she has a completely unique, ground-based move set built around her own story of either being a vampire as you said, or more of a shadowy ninja type perhaps, or something along those lines.

Eagle could be a human take on Fulgore using his rig. Though by that, I mean he has a similar body shape and maybe also shares a few animations to make it feel like Fulgore is based on him, like toward FP, maybe Eagle throws a Phoenix projectile exactly like Fulgore throws his projectile.

Perhaps these could be bonus characters that initially show up on the select screen as question marks, where you have to do a certain thing in the story to fight them, and then defeating them unlocks them as well as the alternate versions of Sadira’s and Thunder’s backgrounds?

I know that’s kind of a Mortal Kombat thing to want, but honestly, Mortal Kombat hasn’t really done that in a long time, and I think it’d fit KI’s world and it’s story perfectly. C’mon IG, please make it happen! :smile:

2 Likes

Best one yet! Well done!

And Omen is continuing into the story! yes! Omen chose well…because he cant handle Sadira…she eats Omen up!

I already didn’t like Sadira enough, something about her playstyle infuriated me. Now that I know her origins, it is safe to say that my strong disapproval of her is justified.

Seriously though what a feminine K-9.

Shadow Sadira! :imp:

3 Likes

Exactly. The few stating that all chars are getting ‘new moves’ will sadly be mistaken when it’s obviously alluding to the ultimate combo.

2 Likes

Maybe comic book, but why animated movie when we don’t even have animated win sequences or intros

So do any of you guys find Sadira to be overall PURE EVIL? I know that I do here now

1 Like

Or a live-action web series :wink:

1 Like

I really want to know what TJ’s real name!

6 Likes

That actually occurred to me today while reading through some of the comments. While I’ve no doubt that all characters will be getting at least slight adjustments in S3, I don’t believe all characters would be getting a new move, or even just some special variation on an existing one. That would take a lot of rebalancing/retooling on characters whose balance IG is largely happy with now. It would actually make a degree of sense if what we were looking at with all these teases were ultimates, instead of new moves per se.

3 Likes

This is brillant lool

1 Like

Wow, this just made Sadira more cooler with the new backstory! :grinning:

And did she decided to join forces with The Herald of Gargos!? OHOHOHOHOHOHO!!! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Time for me to comment on one of these.
There is a line that goes like this “Then she took the necklace from the corpse and put it around her own throat.”

Personally I dislike the word throat, wouldn’t neck be a better choice?

‘Then she took the necklace from the corpse and put it around her own neck.’

You are spot on. DP just refers to any anti-air like dragon punch move. You could also count thunders sammamish(hope I spelled that correctly).

I main Fulgore as well, and from what I have heard, the best options in most cases when Sadira is applying all that air pressure is to just block all of it, easier said than done I know.

@Iago407 I like the idea you had about making Eagle have the same rig as Fulgore. I think his walk, jump and maybe even dash could be identical. I think some of his normals could also be extremely similar much like how right now Omen and Jago have similar normals.

I thought that I remember IG saying that they were thinking about adding in a new mechanic to the game much like how they added recapture in season 2, and what ever this new thing is, maybe some of the Season 1 characters will get it because many of them didn’t get the recapture from season 2. Just a guess based on if there is a new game play mechanic.

You say Tomato I say tomahto. potato potahtoe, I don’t think it’s really that crucial but just a style difference.

That would be kinda interesting. So something for the people who don’t have a recapture? Or more of a New Mechanic for everyone?

I think the total package would have to be considered. Damage output v.s gimmicks. I think the overall balance of the character would definitely needs to be considered, but I could see more of the S1 characters getting the nod at receiving this new capability over the S2 characters that already have recapture. Maybe some will have both, but there damage is really bad, but are based more on getting set ups in place and confusing the opponent. Hard to say since i have no idea what this new thing could be IF it is even a thing.

Then what is Maya’s recapture???