Arbiter In Killer Instinct tease

But Spawn didn’t in MKX…

Maybe he’s getting put into Injustice2?

Nope! I believe Sub-Zero will be in Injustice 2. I have proof. :arrow_down:

Thanks @JimLee ! Now we just have to convince you to give us "Jim Lee Sub-zero" & we have balance in the world. ;) pic.twitter.com/OXB4THrVcq

— Ed Boon (@noobde) May 7, 2015

@noobde lets do it!

— Jim Lee (@JimLee) May 20, 2015

Thats more likely. Spawn will fit in better with DC cast rather than the MK kast.

Oh Jebus Christ and everything holy… Thanks for the confirmation. My nipples are tingling with delight right now.

I like this arbiter character, it fits KI.

Anyways I never understood what’s the fuss about Halo, I remember a friend buying the original Halo back in the day and I thought it was the most boring generic shooter with the most generic protagonist I ever saw. But millions of players can’t be wrong I guess.

Besides knowing that you don’t like their choice, I wish I knew what this meant…

I think no one should be surprised that a Halo character is a guest in KI. It makes perfect sense and frankly has already generated a huge amount of publicity. So it is a success already from that point of view.

We will see how the arbiter plays in the game but I see no reason to think he won’t be in good hands. I’m not a big Halo fan, but I doubt many KI fans will be so upset by this that they drop the game whereas clearly many halo fans are now thinking of picking it up. Regardless of your personL feelings about Arbiter, that is what a guest character is for.

As for me, I think he looks fine. I appreciate quality work and I’m guessing we will see the same love given to Arbiter as Rash. I am a bit surprised by some of the negativity. If Halo didn’t exist and IG/MS introduced this character it seems to me like people would love it…

1 Like

MC maybe pretty boring in terms of personality but he’s meant to be, being kidnapped at the age of 6 to be part of a secret military program and put through gruelling experiments where most of the test subjects die or become physically crippled you wouldn’t be the most outgoing person around. Much like Batman it’s more the other characters, stories, lore and tone that make Halo so interesting.

People who bash Halo always seem to forget just how much Halo has done for fps genre as whole both in story telling and gameplay.

3 Likes

well I admit apart from Halo 1 I never followed the saga so I speak from ignorance. I don’t know how much Halo has done for the genre, but since I dislike all fps, its value may be lost to me.

Never liked fps, which means that by many years I have missing “industry best” triple A’s. When fps were at an all time high I was playing third person sandboxes and rpgs.

I prefer fighting games to fps’s but in general I play most genre’s. My opinion Halo 2 had the best campaign out the series since you got to see both sides of the story both MC’s and The Arbiter’s and how it all ties into the after effects of Halo 1. Also not to mention being the longest campaign in the series you got to see more unique levels and get to know the other characters more.

After Playing through the MCC fairly recently I think the Arbiter is the second most interesting character in the entire series just after Cortana and makes one the best guests MS and IG could of chose.

2 Likes

Being shocked that MS used Halo, would be like being shocked that Nintendo used Mario as a guest in a game. I am sure that the month he comes out will be with some halo game announcement. New dlc or some crap.

That being said, he at least looks like he belongs unlike Rash. That was nothing more than trying to plug Rare’s crap game collection. The only great game made was KI, and I am old enough to know.

I just don’t get the problem with Eyedol. “People” say that Ken does not like him. But why? Eyedol would make more money than Rash will.

2 Likes

No he wouldn’t. Eyedol only matters to KI fans. KI fans already own KI. Rash matters to Battletoads fans. Battletoads fans most likely don’t own KI and will now buy KI (or at least Rash. Gotta love that individual character sale model.)

1 Like

I just meant that it may be an all-or-nothing move going for the publicity of other MS IP’s to keep KI “alive”.

This isn’t meant to say that KI is in trouble, far from it, but the move to bring in a character from arguably their biggest game means that this is it for them; once this hype fades out, that’s it, there’s no other game that’ll give KI the leg up like this.

I don’t dislike or even hate the Arbiter. Halo 2 was my first ever pre-order game and when I got home and played it, I was oozing with joy and salivating with anticipation at the cutscene when Truth tells the Arbiter that he’d be “… set loose against this heresy with our blessing.”

He is a great choice, it just felt too soon IMO. If the older IP characters like Rash or Joanna came first and they fitted in the game well (story mode included) then people would like the characters for who they are in the game, rather than liking the game because their favourite character from another game was in it.

The fact that it’s more than likely that they’ll use the game series Arbiter and not some Arbiter from a by-gone age, it still leaves the whole “time travel is dumb” question in the air.

If it is declared officially that guests aren’t canon to the story, does that mean they’ll be considered bonus characters and therefore would be excluded from story mode?

But why they say that?..

Ken Lobb said it when he was questioned about bringing back Tusk, Maya and Kim Wu.

I get what you are saying, but battletoads was nothing more than “Rare” making at TMNT knockoff in the mid 90s. Younger gamers are lucky all I ever see when I see Rash is a knockoff of something else.

My issue is that Eyedol Belongs in the game and Rash doesn’t. There are so many great character ideas on the forum, and to have resources used for Rash just seems like a waste.

To be fair, half of the cast in KI is nothing more than a knockoff of something else from the 90’s.

1 Like

No, no. I mean why they said “time travel is dumb” But I like time travel.

Oh, in that case Ken claimed it was a dumb excuse to justify an Amazonian woman and a Barbarian man joined the roster.

My guess is they designed them and put the roster together and everyone at the boardroom were like, “how do we fit this into the story?” - “I know, time travel!”

To be honestly, I really like time travel in KI because time travel can be interesting for KI3’s story! I know they didn’t make KI3. Remember TJ Combo’s ending in KI2/GOLD? So, I always imagine TJ Combo changes past and future in KI3. He fight Fulgores army future and Ultratech rule world in future! But I’m very sad because they say “Time travel is dumb”… WHY!