Arbiter In Killer Instinct tease

Holy @#$! is this for real?

14 Likes

Called it, called it called it.

Well a lot of people called it but I never gave up my hopes.
Best choice for the other guest, so much better than Joanna, can’t wait.
Rash AND Arbiter? Season 3 is going to be legendary.

7 Likes

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT. I’m mind blown!

1 Like

I’m curious, is that his actual stage or just something thrown together using Halo 5? Cause that looks like a pretty big step up in terms of stage quality.

2 Likes

Okay, okay, I have one VERY VERY VERY VERY important question:

Does this mean we can get the Halo Announcer as a guest announcer in Killer Instinct?

On a complimentary note, I really like how everything looks. They got the artstyle for Halo downpat!

17 Likes

I think that’s his stage.

2 Likes

On the base ideal that KI is a trope, I am not surprised. To have seen the “final” guest character wasted on Halo is appalling. I really don’t mean to come off so spiteful in my opinion, but I cannot help but be so disappointed in this decision. Halo… we knew they had Halo 5, we knew how big the eSports scene was in Halo and how integrated Killer Instinct was with Microsoft. But, it just feels like such a cashout by leaning on Halo for additional promotion and crossover.

I just want to understand, from my fellow forum members how do you like this? It isn’t a rhetorical question either, I genuinely am curious how you are remotely excited, help me understand because I don’t get it. I had my hopes on Spawn, another fighting game or just something unique on another scale. I seriously can’t be the only one face palming in huge disappointment? I mean, I get you like Halo, but it come on, why the hell not throw in Spawn? It would’ve been so freaking awesome but oh well.

On a final note, I am still happy for the change in KI and the reveal of Kim and final product with Rash. So much potential from KI awaits us in March and it will be great. On the bright side of this decision, I am glad it wasn’t Master Chief. At least it was a character who mainly uses the energy sword. So, I will commend them for not going down the worst possible choice, still think it’s a bad choice. Anyway, can’t wait for Season 3 - Kim is too hype!

2 Likes

At first I thought it was just Halo 5 footage, but the way it’s laid out does look a bit like a stage. They are updating the visuals, but I don’t know if the improvements are going to be THAT drastic. Maybe they created a rough equivalent of his stage layout in the Halo engine. He also might not have a stage at all.

1 Like

Just from the trailer… he’s got the Prophet’s bane energy sword and a covenant carbine rifle.

Maybe his grab will involve plasma grenades, instinct will make him use active camo and maybe a super where he obliterates them with a huge fuel rod cannon?

Just so beautiful…

You can’t just decide to throw in a character like Spawn (especially Spawn, considering the kind of person Todd McFarlane is). The reason they added a Halo character is because it’s easy to do. They don’t have to negotiate anything with other companies or anything. To expect a budget game like Killer Instinct to be able to coerce any sort of massive company to let them use their character as a guest is completely unreasonable.

4 Likes

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

MY DREAM COMING TRUE!!!

Thank you for put Arbiter in KI season 3!!!

1 Like

I’M JUST SO HAPPY! ; U ; WOOOO!!

I’m so EXCITED Can’t wait to see what kind of armor he’ll have

1 Like

[quote=“oTigerSpirit, post:7, topic:4468, full:true”]
On the base ideal that KI is a trope, I am not surprised. To have seen the “final” guest character wasted on Halo is appalling. I really don’t mean to come off so spiteful in my opinion, but I cannot help but be so disappointed in this decision. Halo… we knew they had Halo 5, we knew how big the eSports scene was in Halo and how integrated Killer Instinct was with Microsoft. But, it just feels like such a cashout by leaning on Halo for additional promotion and crossover.

I just want to understand, from my fellow forum members how do you like this? It isn’t a rhetorical question either, I genuinely am curious how you are remotely excited, help me understand because I don’t get it. I had my hopes on Spawn, another fighting game or just something unique on another scale. I seriously can’t be the only one face palming in huge disappointment? I mean, I get you like Halo, but it come on, why the hell not throw in Spawn? It would’ve been so freaking awesome but oh well.

On a final note, I am still happy for the change in KI and the reveal of Kim and final product with Rash. So much potential from KI awaits us in March and it will be great. On the bright side of this decision, I am glad it wasn’t Master Chief. At least it was a character who mainly uses the energy sword. So, I will commend them for not going down the worst possible choice, still think it’s a bad choice. Anyway, can’t wait for Season 3 - Kim is too hype!
[/quote]How could you NOT be excited?

Sure is better than trying to use Joanna Dark, a generic character from an un-revivable franchise or something equally unfitting. The Arbiter is quite possibly the coolest character in the Halo series and a perfect fit both aesthetically and functionally in KI, he’s instantly recogizable and ready for action. Spawn, he’s old and played out, he’s been guests in past games and frankly I personally don’t feel like he’s a good choice. Arbiter is a lot better than adding Kameo from a freak success N64 game ages ago, or Banjo or even rehashing a character like Scorpion.

Seriously, how could anyone NOT be excited, he’s going to be perfect for this game.

7 Likes

I just realized something.

The Arbiter has energy shields,

and they recharge.

Oooh nooo

3 Likes

Microsoft cleared KI for a Season 3 with an increased budget and with the PC port it wouldn’t be anything “unreasonable”. How about Clayfighter? You have perfect characters to fit the tropes, it will have a remastered soon and the gameplay mechanicals at the time were essentially identical. Clayfighter, coming off a smaller budget would need additional promotion and a crossover would’ve been ideal. I can see Halo was easy, but just seems unfitting.

Because I have been pinned on Shooters the entirety of my life and being as attached to Fighters as I am now, it seems to make little sense to me. I mean, like I said, it’s certainly better than Master Chief. But, to lean on Halo just seems like a clutch in promotion and unfitting. I never agreed on Joanna, she is from a shooter, so I don’t see the relevance in that argument.

Judging by the teaser he’ll have the Halo 5 armor set.

3 Likes

If that is a stage I’m floored! Whomever is the stage designer is amazing.

I’m not in the know about Arbiter or Halo but if the KI designers came up with that, I’m all for it!

Joanna Dark where are you!!!

1 Like

[quote=“xCrimsonLegendx, post:14, topic:4468, full:true”]

I am personally excited because the Arbiter had alot of potential unlike folks like the cheif.

As far as spawn goes he’s been in SoulCalibar which is enough if you ask me, as far as Joanna Dark I was never sure about how they can balance her gameplay so easily. At any rate Arbiter’s got a TON of potential in her moveset. can’t wait.

2 Likes

I don’t play Halo so I have no clue who this is :smiley:
But I trust IG to turn him into a cool KI character. The stage looks promising.