Why do so many players refuse to take part in forums?

To be honest. I don’t blame them. I can understand their reason.

I joined the Halo forums sometime after I got into Halo3. You can probably imagine how heavily I regretted it…

Anyways if they need to find some useful tips the character forums are a good place to start.

I suggest that any who are happy with their skill level at the game or certain characters to occasionally browse through the forums and drop some helpful tips on how to play/fight this character

This community started out rough and we do have a few opinionated people here. But considering what KI was like when the game was first announced.

This community has ACTUALLY improved. I’ve been on the forums since the game was first announced. Beleive me, their’s some opiniated people here, but they aren’t half as bad as some oher folks I’d rather not mention.

I think unlocking badges in the forums gives you special icons,titles,quotes,accessories,etc. For example,you might get the quote,“I am a community warrior”. Just something to incentivise people going here.

I think the same could be said of the old system with the “newbie-hero member” thing. Rewarding titles alongside a visual post count kinda helped distinguish who was a regular poster and who only popped in on occasion.

I also just pop in on occasion …every 5 minutes.

yet there were trolls with 2k posts and pros with less than 50…

They Probably feel like this cow if they join.

EDIT: Its a Joke guys. :wink:

Only if they say the wrong things lol.

Seriously though I can kinda see how they’d feel. In a forum arguments and disagreements are going to be inevitable.

And that may just be the thing that deters people from coming to the forums. People don’t like to argue, and just prefer to have fun. Plus, everyone kinda has this notation that forums are bad. TBH, I almost didn’t join the KI forums due to fear of “Forum Stuff”, I joined during the beginning of Season 2, and I am SO GLAD I did. I guess people are just afraid of negativity and slander in the forums? (Totally Speculating :wink: )

I agree with this also. Each season, we’ve had the forums completely wiped clean and we’ve lost A LOT of good information and a lot of good contributors. Now the way it is now, why would new people want to sign up and contribute. For instance, my main’s forum has like 6 or 7 total topics so it looks like no one uses it or even reads it so why would any new person want to sign up and post there? Where as, over the past 2 years we have had a ton of great discussions and tech posted in that section. Now it’s all in the recycling bin on someones desktop, lost forever.

Just wish they would have left the forums alone this last time.

Hopefully they will : )

Back before Season 1 had finished I remember there been more informative posts about match ups, etc. By the time Season 2 had started these threads were vastly out numbered by opinionated posts be its top 5’s, should this happen, etc. Right now I barely come here other then to check on future developments from an IG post (to be honest I check Shoryuken more then I come here).

The problem is this forum is now too well known. This forum like every other need an elite section free from voices of casuals/average players. If you were to allow the Top 32 star holders to have such a privilege “yes” not all would use the forums but the ones that did would have above average information to discuss, It would make for better reading.

Personally I watch the Twitch streamers to figure out match ups and understand strategies these days.

Opiniated this is nothing new here on the forums. I remember when season1 first started, things got so bad, and people were so opiniate. One forum that was about arguing about how Jago looked expanded to 32+ paes in a single weekend! That including Sbarewulf and Glacius complaints to.

Let’s not even forget how the few highly opinionated folks we had complaints about Thunder’s appearance and debates back and fourth, and hell one guy even wanted to declare KI as “dead on arrival” because Orchid’s breasts weren’t big enough. (funny how the thing censored that word…) as far as opiniatedness goes, that’s gonna be a thing. It’s really no worse than it was in season1. With Tusk and Kim on the way we can expect some opiniated complaints about how they will look in the game.

Every forum will have it’s fair share of bs but the thing is elites or however you wanna put it, their opinions don’t holy anymore weight than the folks who play casually or all the time.

At the end of the day this community is waaay better than some others.

1 Like

I’m going to continue to poke them about access to the S2 forums. My main’s section was similarly affected, as we lost some great tech posts, and one previously stellar contributor is nowhere to be found. Also, Wulf is my pocket character so I feel your pain on the Wulf section.

I’m trying to revitalize my main’s forum section as best I can. Hopefully the S2 forums get opened up, at least temporarily, so I can carry over some of that info.

Hey, speaking of which… how’s about you pop into my Hisako/Sabrewulf MU thread for a spell? You’re a sick Wulf and I’d love your input. Or to play some sets. Or both :grin: