Tusk Gameplay Speculation Thread!

id say he would really need a kick, as a way to get you off him or stagger you to open you up for further attacks. everybody has a kick, even TJ as funny as he looks doin it lol

What if his kick inputs were head-butts? He looks like the type.

Joking. I hear ya, I’m sure some of his kicks in KI2 looked stupid, so TJ won’t be alone this time around.

great idea

Thunder and Tusk aesthetically looked the same to me in KI1 and 2 so im hoping he looks distinct and plays distinct from Thunder. Doubt he’ll be a grappler though, I’d imagine if he’s 6’11" with a large sword, he’d be a tank character.

i would like tusk to be someone more special than just a dude with a sword. i think it would be cool if his sword acted like the moonlight great sword from bloodborne. the sword should glow or even catch on fire with magical ethereal flames. he could have a projectile like cloud has with blade beam or he can use it tto trigger explosions. i believe he had a move that can cause explosion in his KI2 moveset?

all in all i want tusk to be more special than just a dude with a sword…thats tj thing with beating up robots, aliens and dinosaurs with just his fists.

Would anyone be interested if Tusk had some of Guile’s & Charlie’s moves for Tusk’s moveset?

Jago has the hadouken as the “endouken” & the shoryuken uppercut.

Imagine if Tusk has the sonic boom from his sword and also a somersault kick.

Tusk has no reason to gain a projectile, and a Sonic Boom wouldn’t fit him either case.
I do like the Flash Kick, but Cinder already has that.

However, Nash gained a Moonsault Kick in SFV which is more of a downward Flash Kick, so to speak. Coud be neat.

But to be completely honest, I’d rather Tusk got something more original than copying someone else’s moves.

Not interested in the least. I always thought Nash was a superfluous and uninspired character.
Military martial arts shouldn’t resemble the fighting style of a barbarian with a big sword.

You guys are crazy if you think he’s getting that “Wind Kick” back.

More like that LineBacker running up on you and doing the “This Is Sparta Kick” or rather “THIS is KI!! -Horizontally Stomps Your Chest Open-”

For a full screen attack I think he will probably get a sword lunge/dash like Dante’s (DMC) Stinger move or a leaping slash move, where he kind of jumps/leaps across the screen with a downward sword slash. In that video above it kind of looked like the had something somewhat similar to that in KI2.

3 Likes

I would absolutely LOVE that!

2 Likes

True, true… But I would ROFL for days if they took the Wind kick away from Jago and gave it back to Tusk. :joy:

cant wait to see how he really plays, its gonna be crazy. so many characters i want to play at equal level to my top 3! if tusk seriously impresses me to hell and back (which is likely) im gonna be playing him heavily to speed up the process of getting skilled. gotta have that season 3 main (like hisako was for season 2)

I expect Tusk to have

a recapture: (shadow conqueror)
a stagger move, or several
a flip out move, or several
a left-right mix up (old backstab)
a long range overhead (old skullsplitter)

I expect his punch moves to have massive range due to the sword, so he should be a great character in the neutral game due to his threatening range and footsies. He can probably hit confirm mid screen with a sword poke, so his rushdown game can’t be all that great or he’d be OP.
His boot kick would be his utility safe on block move, but I don’t see it having as much range as Jago’s.

Maybe he gets a command grab like TJ, not sure.

1 Like

I’ve already made many posts to this effect, but this is KI dude. Orchid and Thunder can confirm midscreen off of a poke, and their rushdown games are fantastic.

2 Likes

By the morrow, all of our questions shall be answered…

1 Like

I saw! Can’t wait! :smiley:

1 Like

I kinda figured it wouldn’t come back since it would be copying Jago’s wind kick. I did have a good idea to replace it which would be a jumping spinning hook kick. What do you think of that?

It would look weird on a guy welding a sword taller than hisako 0.0

Happy that he indeed can cut through the clutter on screen. And that’s coming from an Aria player.

2 Likes