The Great Divide

Times like this make me wish the highly inconsistent profanity filter was gone, lol.

2 Likes

Meh it could be worse.

All I can say, is play the games you want to play, and that you have fun with. But donā€™t trash ours.

Iā€™m going to play more KI regardless of what anyone says.

.#PlayKI

3 Likes

Okay, so there I was, reading through new posts via my XB1, and then all of a sudden, I heard someone! ā€œHey, whatā€™s up?ā€ I hear him say.

ā€œWHOā€™s THERE!?ā€ I yell.

ā€¦then I hear typing. I think to myself, am I in a party? I checkā€¦

Nopeā€¦

ā€œWhat in theā€¦?ā€ I mumble

Then I hear the voice again: ā€œDo you guys hear a noise?ā€

ā€œYeah, I do. You. Who the heck areā€¦ Oohhh.ā€

I scroll down through the new replies and find the source that gave me a jump scareā€¦

Not cool, @TheSkullAddict - you made me start to think my Kinect and Xbox got hacked or was possessedā€¦ Stupid auto-play. :angry:

Ha ha. That just made my night. Thank you.

Did you Xbox auto play a voice message?

When you link twitch videos, they auto-embed and then auto-play. This means that every time I open this page, you get the Sajam video autoplaying, even if itā€™s 100 posts ago.

They really need to change that behavior. I imagine you can set it in the forum software.

1 Like

It is pretty obnoxious, having an autoplay 30 posts away load up, and then having to deal with the forum software dynamically loading in posts as you scroll up to disable it.

I was just trying to make a joke because the guy made very little effort to try and seek help and complained about it. He was being very irrational and he came off as more of ranter than a person who was seeking assistance. Instead of trying to get help on all of the difficult match-ups, he just complained and complained because he felt that the game was ā€œtoo complicatedā€ and that it was ā€œgoing to alienate a lot of peopleā€. His arguments and criticisms were so poorly constructed that I just had to gave him a joke answer. But, in truth, I felt that he was complaining because he wouldnā€™t take the time to learn the game and match-ups, something that is within the core of every fighting game. I didnā€™t like how he presented himself and his arguments, and I found him to be very unreasonable. I apologize if I came off as rude or mean to anyone. Iā€™m not here to promote hostility, Iā€™m just here to have fun with KI and you guys.

1 Like

Take it to the dms. Not the place.

2 Likes

Continuing on, I say we should all remember what Sajam said before we remember when KI gets killed off.

Itā€™s not always good to realize what you have when itā€™s gone.

What pro players are crying? As a consumer do we not get to voice our criticisms about our product we purchased just as you do? Did you buy the iPhone 7ā€¦are you 100% happy with it? Is there not something you would change about it? We are not the voice of anyone, we simply play the game just like you and others do and no one has chosen us the people to listen to over anyone else. Itā€™s the community that ā€œbrandsā€ us as people to look up to. I have done absolutely nothing to make people follow me or become some kind of influence over people and I think itā€™s important to understand thatā€¦I simply play the game and things follow suit. At no point did Bass and I point a gun to everyoneā€™s head and force them to listen to our podcast, or watch our streams etcā€¦people do those things on their own accord.

If you want to become more involved with the community then you need to stream, make content, host your own podcast and show up to eventsā€¦because long term those are the people that care and make a differenceā€¦not the random person in a forum that bashes the people working hard in the game.

Quite frankly people who travel to tournaments a very much so important because they support the game at its core and without offline tournament support the game doesnā€™t do very well in the long term. Casuals are also a big part because they keep the player base strong in various country and also allow things to happen that wouldnā€™t normally.

Being unemployed and non-sponsored for the last 3 years, I still manged to make 3 events last year, and 3 this year already with my 4th going to be SCR next month. How about yourself?

3 Likes

Dude this same thing happened to me the other night on my laptop lol I started hearing somebody talk and keys clicking that werenā€™t mine (and this was the only tab I had open) and I started freaking out haha I thought somebody had hacked my laptop but didnā€™t know I could hear them or something until I realized it was the Sajam stream.

That had me shook for a minute lol

3 Likes

Let me get this staight, to have more of an opinion, I need to stream and go to tournments? Just because you have the freedom ā€œlack of responsibilitiesā€ to be able to go to several tournaments does not give you more of a right to say what should be changed in a game. I was at Combo Breaker this year. I was there because it was close to me, but 90% of the tournaments are not even close. Not all KI players live in California or Texas ā€œwhich is where most of the tournaments areā€. Not all of us can afford to, or want to spend $1000s to go on trips to play a video game. Some of us donā€™t want to spend money on streaming equipment either. Just because you spend more money to play the game doesnā€™t make you more important. My thoughts and the thoughts of others are just as important as yours, and anyone who thinks they matter more.

Now on a separate note. After going to Combo Breaker, I realized that alot of the players ā€œnot just KIā€ need to spend less time with their game and more time on personal hygiene.

4 Likes

You stream guys should be more particular about how you handle yourselves on stream. I have friends who are now just trying to get into the game, and actually like it, but when they see wat longtime players tweet about this game, watch the higher count viewer streams, particularly yours and ā€œeveryoneā€™s favorite KI streamerā€ and see how you talk about the game and wat is going on in those chats, they get the impression that the KI community is full of complete scrubs and crybabies.
And itā€™s hard to argue against it at this point. It doesnā€™t matter how many tournaments youā€™ve gone too, and honestly who cares about any placement if it isnā€™t 1st. When ā€œtop playersā€ are blaming everything and everyone but themselves, and thatā€™s current and the notable washouts from season 2, you guys arenā€™t helping the game or the community at all.
I watched your State of KI podcast, and it was 3 hours drivel. Half of it was gladhanding past accomplishments, and there was such a lack of articulation from you or Bass on WHY Season 3 is suddenly so much worse than season 2 that it sounded like you guys were just mad cuz on paper your characters struggle against other characters.
Iā€™ve been playing fighting games a really long time, Iā€™m technically ā€œdeadā€ by age standards for FGs, and Iā€™ve seen plenty of games die, but nothing as disappointing as whatā€™s happening in the KI community right now.
This game is far too good and interesting to just be thrown aside. The comparisons you guys make regarding this game to others doesnā€™t point a glaring light at KIā€™s problems, it just makes you guys seem clueless instead.

12 Likes

agreed

Okay, then donā€™t tell me to leave the community because you donā€™t do the things I do. My passion for the game is obviously different from yours.