The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

I almost always use the light version - although that would explain why it’s hard for me to follow-up with stomps afterwards on the rare instances that I actually do hit with the command grab (seems like I always have to chase them down, despite them already being “down” unless they’re in the corner).

Your doing it too soon, delay it just a millisec.

Do the motion as they are waking up and the button press as soon as they are upright.

Just as a note, all of Raam’s grabs are the same speed (hit on frame 4). The lighter ones also actually have more frame advantage (so more time for stomps), but put you further away from the enemy as well (so you have to walk over to them).

If you’re using the light grab and whiffing in those situations @GalacticGeek, then my guess would be that you’re mistiming your meaty grabs. Delay it a touch and you should be fine.

1 Like

Lol I thought it would be hilarious, and awesome. But seriously dude, your Jago is Legit now. I’m surprised. I feel like now everytime I fight you, I better be ready for a tough match! I’d still like to show you some S3 Jago tech when we get the chance again.

If you want, I can totally narrate this. I just need to record it. Lol I’d probably use Upload studio, but I could do it. I like reading. LOL

But yeah! Go for it! If you need anything from me, you know where to find me. :slight_smile:

(Just be careful with that Ryu Piano Piece, it’s actually copyrighted)

I know, I trained him, so he had to be. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The problem with this is that against RGL Official, he was never “upright” - he would almost always wakeup into a divekick and literally disappear. I’d swear he was holding up or something, but he kept telling me that he wasn’t… I may be mistaken, but I was sure you could punish that move on startup as he disappears.

Yes, I main Glacius.

And Cinder.
And Maya.
And Omen.
And Kim Wu.
And Arbiter.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thread Police Reporting In :sunglasses:

I believe it was discussed in another thread that you cannot have more than one main character in Killer Instinct. I’m afraid I’m going to have to confiscate your copy of Killer Instinct or else I’m going to sentence to a life of fighting Kan Ra.

4 Likes

You mean for Shago? Yeah, pretty sure you can meaty him right out of that. Probably easier with a button than a grab though - Raam’s throw isn’t super active, so can some practice to hit meaty.

Both of those are things you have to do lol.

Yeah if he jumps you cant catch it unless its the shadow version… I think. Not sure about dive kicks but you should be able to time it just right off a flip out or hard knockdown…unless he jumps

I have had a lot of success with his grabs… I really enjoyed the 2 weeks I used him and got him to 50…havent played him in a couple weeks since though

I’m usually a pretty big proponent of humility, both in life and in the games we play. So please forgive the momentary hubris here, but I just really wanted to share this with everyone :slight_smile:

Don’t really care so much about the actual rank, but I’m pretty ■■■■ proud of that W/L ratio. To play over 100 matches and be able to count the losses on one hand, I am beyond stoked. :tada::persevere::tada:

Apologies again for the brief derail - like I said, just really wanted to share it with someone! :smile:

8 Likes

Well not suprised

Ya done did good.

2 Likes

I’ll never get a star! I don’t have enough time to play… Earn another in my honor :sob:

Congrats man. That’s a hell of an achievement.

1 Like

Dude, that would be amazing if you could. No pressure though. :grin:

Lol I’ll do my best. XD

This makes me happy. You are going VERY WELL.

1 Like

Hmmm I guess I should be adding people from here. Might do me some good.

I’d recommend it. There are quite a few people of various skill levels who frequent this thread, and most of them are pretty happy to play sets if you ask. :thumbsup:

Lol. Dunno that I’ll actually earn another one - most of my play right now is just because I want to get ready for EVO. If I feel like playing Ranked afterwards then I’ll probably wind up with it, but I won’t grind again for the purposes of getting a star.

That said, I totally think you should go for it! I think you’re definitely up there in skill, and for my first star, I actually didn’t play that much. Don’t think I hopped into Ranked until halfway through May, but because of the bonus points you get from beating higher ranked players it only took a day or two to be within the top 50 or 60. 330 Ranked matches got me 9th place that month - I imagine I could’ve stopped a ways under that and still wound up in the Top 32 though.