The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

He actually got suspended for a week for his recent troll thread.

2 Likes

I think it’s on the sense that he has been told multiple times and banned before this one for the same thing. While it would be easy to just hit a button, something tells me that it’s not that easy…

One week - LCD
2093 year - Geek

Wut? :confused:

13 Likes

He was banned for making really outrageous and insulting comments about a forum user. I supported that ban because he super violated the ToS.

He didn’t even derail a thread this time. He posted a weird opinion about KI in a long free-for-all thread, we laughed about it/discussed it, and moved on.

I dunno man, them taking their sweet time on the overturn is really strange.

1 Like

Something tells me we won’t get an answer. I don’t think anyone that has been permabanned, has been able to overturn the decision.

I dunno man. I don’t know what we could do.

1 Like

It may have been this thread that actually did it:

He did a double post in it that appeared to be starting a full-fledged conversation even though the OP explicitly said to only use one word.

…I mean I’m sure everyone has their opinions about him (I honestly don’t think he should have been permabanned myself), but as mentioned earlier he is a repeat offender and has been warned several times.

We won’t. Mods don’t discuss moderation with anyone other than the offending party. I learned that from my own suspension.

So that’s it then…

We’ve lost Geek with no chance of a repeal…

Maybe I should just take another break from the forums. Then they can do whatever they want, like always, and I don’t have to think about it. Might be the best course of action for me.

2 Likes

That’s sad :frowning: I miss Geek from the forums already :sob:

9 Likes

Man, Sad news indeed…

Sorry Geek.

You were a good guy, with a heart bigger than the Galaxy.

GGS my friend.

Fight on.

Can’t they do something? Come on :confused:

6 Likes

Is that really that terrible a crime in a thread that was already A. In the off topic sub forum and B. One of those throwaway topics every forum has like “what are you listening to” “what are you reading” though?

I admit, it’s totally strange without seeing Geek around here, especially this thread where normally I’d have read about 10 of his replies by the time I’d scrolled down to this point.

2 Likes

Thread derailment (some of which has started genuinely interesting discussions about characters, game mechanics, improving one’s play, etc) isn’t worth a permaban. And if they wanted to enforce that, then it sure as hell shouldn’t have been enforced here, in one of the most consistently off-topic and freewheeling threads on the forums.

It was a bad call yesterday, and it’s still a bad call.

10 Likes

■■■■ that ■■■■.

These forums are taking things too far.

To put it short…

They violate freedom of speech. If someone says something outrageous, then everyone will hypothetically “vote” against the statement by posting an argument themselves. Then, users and devs use those “votes” as information to make decisions and opinions for the future.

If someone is outrageous, they will have no effect on anyone or anything because it will be very clear their statements are not agreed with. That’s how democracy and free speech work. “Say whatever you want, but if you can’t rally support for your opinion, then don’t expect any action to be taken.”

Microsoft has a clause in the ToS that breaks the first amendment. “Moderate how you please”. It removes the communities chance to object to any unreasonable action (such as geeks banning).

This is a horrible policy that history proves is unacceptable.

If Geek really won’t be un- banned, ■■■■■■■ ban me forever, too.

#FREE GEEK

(Adding tags to make sure action is taken, even if that action is banning me, which would show the forum’s true colors. @moderators @developers )

2 Likes

That’s not how the First Amendment works. It limits the power of the United States government and has absolutely no applicability to a corporation like Microsoft.

1 Like

Calling out the Moderators isn’t a good thing. We can be civil and voice our opinion, but being aggressive and instigating won’t do much.

Then I accept the consequences.

1 Like

My guess is that there is more to it than an isolated incident. His last ban might have come with a warning to avoid certain actions that he violated and drew this new ban.

1 Like

I stand by voicing ourselves to at least ask for an explanation. No point is just letting it move on so it can eventually happen to someone else or even me for, “repeated voicing of unpopular opinion.”

Come on man, we have the best forums, better than Gears, COD and Fallout. Why? Because everyone isn’t braindesd with one mindset, we have multiple backgrounds, opinions and mindsets. They may be unfavorable but that’s what contributes to discussions.

Not, “I totally agree to everything” and “this is the best evar!!1!.”

Just seems silly to me. Own up to it as the mod, explain yourself and we can try to understand or at least empathize with the decision. But seems so shady and dishonest to go about it for something he wasn’t at fault for.

I’ll still stand by that.

1 Like

Such a bummer… really. I reread his posts and the only thing I can find was that he did call me a jerk. I took it as sarcasm, but maybe a mod thought different.

It would be a real bummer if somehow I was the reason we now have a Geekless forum. :confused:

babadook profile pic now :slight_smile:

2 Likes