The Arbiter’s Trailer

Just have to say that seems like a weird direction to take it. An arbiter talking about taking down Truth and fighting the Flood is pretty darn specific actually :confused:

Just use the same sort of silly non-logic they used to have Nicole in Dead or Alive. We’ll accept having Thel fighting a giant toad in the middle of Chicago with a collection of convenient outfits and accessories on hand because “reasons” - but don’t call him a generic Arbiter and then have direct callouts to Thel’s story arc. That’s just being silly. :smirk:

2 Likes

No, that’s what I’m trying to make clear. It’s the same guy. Same recording session. There was no change. Cinder was always arrogant. He read the tease slightly more malicious simply because that was right for his character’s entrance.

5 Likes

That’s OK. “Generic” Arbiter or not, People will still play him. I know I’ll try him out. And Rash. And My Main Kim…

(Too many Epic characters in S3 Launch O.o)

Well Done IG

Lol. I’ve got nothing against it - it being Thel or not isn’t particularly important to me. Just seems a weird thing to quibble over given the actual trailer dialogue.

Don’t let @GrimBrotherOne hear you saying that! He will have some words about the importance of canon, and just how serious he takes it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Does he have retro tho :eyes:

Haha. Duly noted. For now I’ll assume that the Arbiter comes with “generations” of Arbiter armor, and for the trailer they went with Thel’s iteration of it, which is why he would say things that apply specifically to Thel as the Arbiter.

That’s my story until they tell me otherwise anyway :smile:

2 Likes

That totally makes sense. I like it.

The Halo fanboy inside me just got a massive erection.

4 Likes

Arbiter definitely looks fantastic, way better idea for a guest than Master Chief (who is honestly the blandest character in the franchise next to Spartan Locke) i dig the idea of it being the general idea of The ARBITER, not the specific men who bore the title, but the concept of who/what the Arbiter was in practice.

Stage looks brilliant, only slightly salty of the fact that of only 3 stages S3 will have, one is given to a guest, but i’ll let this one slide, this is one of the best looking stages so far.

THE MUSIC OMFG, perfect, outstandingly done, and the perfect COMBO of KI and Halo, all i need to hear is the idle theme, which i am hoping is the Halo Choir singing the KI theme softly (would gasm like crazy)

and finally the gameplay, he looks uber fun, the range he has is insane, as well as the possible mix-ups i can see with the carbine, grenades, and sword, im gonna have a blast with him, also GODDAYUM hes huge, glad that he wasnt scaled down in anyway in terms of his size, all the sanghelli’s were tall af

2 Likes

I don’t think the 3 stages have anything to do with budget more like time restraints,This is Microsoft we are talking about.
When it comes to the voice actor I think it’s maybe down to he wasn’t available for copyright reasons or contract.

No, that’s not true. It’s the same guy in the teaser and the trailer. Not British. Never been British. People are just confused by the voice distortion effect.

The generic Arbiter!? Really? :frowning:

I’m officially disappointed with the direction you’ve taken this character.

This is either because a) you couldn’t afford Ketih David and used this direction as an alternative/compromise or b) you weren’t allowed to use THE Thel character due to rights issues (which would be odd, since both games are MS titles), kind of like where you couldn’t have Master Chief himself in Dead or Alive, use Fatalities on DC characters in MK vs. DC Universe, or do damage to certain name-brand cars in some racing games.

I’ve seen this kind of thing before and it’s ALWAYS disappointing… SIGH :weary:

Too be honest, I think he can be officially any Arbiter.
The one we know will be your arbiter with the current armor, the other outfits will probably match those of the older Arbiters, basically giving you every Arbiter instead of none.

And the voice is almost the same as the one we really want.

@TempusChaoti has dropped some hints regarding Thunder, aka “Chief” Thunder, aka “Chief”, being chosen as the dummy to demonstrate Arbiter in the trailer for multiple reasons. Seems vaguely possible that Master Chief might get announced later on, say during the Halo World Championship Finals next month when Halo fever is at its peak.

Different arbiter becUse of customization reasons. One accessory set is one version. Retro and new is thel Inthink.

His telling of his backstory seems to indicate it’s THE Arbiter. Why do you think it’s just AN Arbiter?

Wow ! Nice trailer and those graphics :open_mouth:

Beautiful stage, beautiful music, play on that stage will be so good !

GG IG <3

I came into work on my morning off, routinely checked Ultra Combo’s main page and find this trailer? I’m glad I’m awake!
Arbiter’s gameplay style looks fantastic. Very happy the Carbine will be usable as opposed to just a grab animation including it. Stage and the new lighting engine do wonders to the visual style. Loving the track, been listening to Celldweller since his debut.

Rambled posting aside, it’s ALMOST like the release of this trailer was planned to coincide with the “big bad scary” news about stages. Almost as if Iron Galaxy has some sort of plan to ensure Season 3 news is released in a logical mannerism. :wink:

Or almost as if the Halo North American championships were going on or something. :open_mouth:

3 Likes