Spinal's Season 3 changes (Discussion)

Yea I’m a little unsure how to feel yet. I do like his instinct but I just haven’t been able to figure out a solid game plan for the curses. Alot of it just seems useless now especially when the opponent has full meter or instinct. And if some does any kind of shadow combo or decent combo your curses are gone anyways. Almost better to use the skulls just for mix ups and damage now.

I cant express how sad Im cause I wont be hearing “take it awaaaaayyy” anymore in KI tournaments regarding instinct meter.

It was by far one of the most interesting mechanics of the game.

The stacking curses and not losing them on one hit is pretty good. The fact too is you can stack the curses I believe an infinite amount of times? So if spinals curses someone with skulls 12 times, that’s 12 hits they need to do build meter back. That’s a fairly long time. Especially if you’re only getting single pokes in here and there.

People really should be focusing on curses low level shadow/instinct meter and then use his other shadow moves when the opponent is stocked with meter. I still see alot of spinals inflicts curses (moreso instinct curses) when someone has full instinct.

I still do that sometimes lol it’s a bad habit I am trying to break

Well, it’s not all bad. It’s a free manual of course, but you could argue that with his other shadow moves.

It would be more interesting if Spinal continued to drain, maybe less than before but the mechanic was awesome!