So...Why isn't KI 1 and 2 included in the Anniversary Update?

Ideally they could just take the two xbox ports, add a crossplay option, then allow both to be sold on Steam and Marketplace for about 14.99$ each. Seems like a reasonable price per game I would think. (20-25$ might be pushing it, but whatever brings them back I’m all for it.)

I suppose if I wanted to be optimistic, IG did actually listen to fans by giving us the Ultimate Source colors recently, stating they wanted to surprise us for when the new Anniversary colors dropped. So maybe… there’s a slim chance these three applications can be saved somehow? I guess.

I just want more people to experience Killer Instinct. Old, New, doesn’t/shouldn’t matter. And the fact we have to essentially speculate to why they had to remove them with no real official reason for their exclusion, to me, is pretty ridiculous I think.

But, that’s just my opinion.

If they start selling them seperatly on Steam and Xbox with crossplay, PLEASE also port them to Switch. I get why the big game probably can’t work on that platform, but the arcade games surly can. And yes, having them on my Steam Deck would be nice, but having them on my Switch would be so much better (it’s smaller and less heavy), plus it would bring them to an audience that hasn’t had access to them before, allowing more people to play more KI.

1 Like

I believe Nintendo actually allowed for the SNES version of KI on their Online serivce as of recent.

Aint much, but its a start I suppose. Plus kudos for them actually getting some of Rare’s N64 titles.

But with recent news with PlayStation actually getting games like Sea of Thieves, then maybe we’re finally getting to the age where Xbox and PlayStation games will no longer be ‘exclusive’ anymore.

(Or at least a ‘one way street’ with Microsoft’s end. Maybe Sony will follow eventually considering their recent PC ports. But who knows.)

KI on PlayStation would be a dream come true, it would bringin a looooot of new players.

Curious if they’ll keep Arbiter and Raam though. (Rash could still stay due to him being Rare adjacent.)

Best case scenario they’ll both stay, regardless if Halo or Gears moves over to PlayStation, but I’d theorize they’ll probably just remove those two all together, possibly locking them out for other consoles/PC if they fight a Playstation player via crossplay. (Which would suck ■■■ for any Arbiter/Raam mains, ngl.)

Say you play online against a regular player, everything’s normal, but if you fight a player with a PS5 logo, those two will be grayed out with a message like…

“Character Cannot Be used in this Battle. Confliction with Opposing Player Hardware”

or some jargon like that.

Hell, why else would Eagle and Kilgore be on two opposite sides of the roster, having the character select screen looking all weird shaped? What if they simply cut those two from the roster, only to move Eagle and Kilgore in their spots instead?

Not saying I agree with that decision, but it does sound plausible. And no, I do not think we’ll get something like “Kratos” or “Bloodborne” guest characters, as awesome as that would be.