Slither - Medusa Character Concept

@TempusChaoti

Haha, I don’t have an inside scoop. I just saw people all over the place saying “hmm, maybe a snake/gorgon/medusa/naga character that grapples or something would be alright”, and accepted the inevitable.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of a Medusa-like character! I really hope it happens.

1 Like

Like I had said in a previous post, I imagine the gorgon/medusa race lives in the modern South American jungles, and as such often clash with the Nightguard. The gorgons have been hunted nearly to the point of extinction, and Slither is fighting to secure a place for the rest of her race to live in peace, protected from the threats of mankind, Ultratech, and likely Gargos - although I suppose she might team up with Gargos as mankind hasn’t been… kind to the gorgons.

She could use archery for certain special attacks, but I think her main moveset would center around tail and snake strikes for kick attacks, with either claws or a bladed whip (think of those used in the first Underworld movie) serving as her punch attacks.

Just add an A on the end - Slithera. :wink:

I would love to see an archer character. Mkx almost had that but squandered it on a stupid fire breathing dragon head staff bow. I can’t think of a worse weapon idea.

I wonder if a cowl wearing Green Arrow type character would make a better archer while Slitheria spits acid, burrows, throws a chakram that she has to recover… I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

Slither’s a great name. It’s simple like the names before it and really rolls off the tongue.

What about Slitha? Not so verby and it sounds like Slither with a British accent.

Slitha? I don’t know. Something about it sounds off to me.

That’s an awesome concept!

One idea I mentioned in the old thread was giving her a mask that she took off for a special or something. Like Smite’s Medusa.

Not to derail or anything, but good to see you Cinder!

Anyways, I’m glad this topic/thread was brought back to the new forums. A great character concept, and one I’d like to see/play.

But there its a weird thing: In Aganos Stage the Golem turn the fighters into stone… and it will be really weird seeing a Medusa turned into a Stone by a Golem… :confused:

Gorgons have proven to be vulnerable to their own stone gaze. Why would a golem’s stone move be an issue?

In regards to a stone gaze move, I was not picturing an instance of full petrification.

I would think the stone gaze would be a momentary stun (no dizzy effect, instead it would freeze the character in place for a second or a few frames, maybe with a grey haze over/around them) or, if made part of her instinct, would slow down the opponent’s moves and attacks, similar to Kan-Ra’s curse effect.

Sabrewulf can bite into Aganos’ foot and fling him around like a rag doll. Killer Instinct has proven it doesn’t need to be 100% realistic, so I see no problems with a Gorgon being petrified and disintegrated by the Aganos Stage Ultra.

Mentioned this before on the old forums but I would like a gorgon type character to have some poison based attacks maybe a acid spit or poison tipped arrows.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that GIF, that was the one I referred to above! I like this look much more than if she had a mask on!

I also think poison could work in an interesting way for her combo mechanic, or special enders like Cinder’s Burnouts.

1 Like

Thanks and I really like the idea of venom enders could definitely see that working if done right.

Would having Slither speak in Greek (to pay homage to the mythological Gorgons) be too similar to Aganos (his music anyway)? If so, do you think having her speak in English would work properly?

The command grab I had suggested for Slither in the old thread involved Slither wrapping the opponent’s legs and torso with her tail, laughing arrogantly, and her hair-snakes striking the opponent before she tosses them away.

With the right voice actress, I could see her having an appropriate tone in English. However, since you’ve suggested Greek, I would actually love to hear her speak in Latin. For a dead language, it’s really quite beautiful and is the mother of all Western Dialects.

1 Like