Shadow Lords VS Story mode?

the best thing about shadow lord is that special quests for literally any charecter in the roster can be put in afterwards. if people really for some reason want a guest charecter to have exclusive special missions then that can be implemented without alot of hassle

1 Like

they can do whatever they want with shadow lords my problem with the mode is that its the conclusion to the story of ki with little to no story, the mode should have been completely separate from story

1 Like

Well thatā€™s the thing. They can "finish " it literally whenever they want with a simple cutscene at the end. My guess after they finish creating the new characters they are planning on releasing and maybe giving them shadow lords content as well

I doubt it but you never know, but still Iā€™m just not a fan at all of the mode and even of I saw I would have to grind so much just to get a little story content, where on the other in my opinion what rivals did was so much more effective in telling a story

I think we are trying to say:

GOOD

1 shadow lords is a great idea
2 it was great replay value and challenge
3 it has great flexibility to be tweaked and added to
4 we like the arcade feel and the challenge
5 collectables are a great idea
6 gives offline players somthing to come back to

BAD

1 it misses out on epic
2 the story is better in the Sims
3 it adds nothing to what we know about these characters
4 does nothing for the lore or KI or universe
5 doesnā€™t feel like a story mode due to the lack of presentation
6 can get boring reading line after kind of text
7 Gargos wins! You have fallen? Pretty much might as well be a board game for the lack of visual impact

QUESTIONABLE:

1 isnā€™t ki complicated enough already
2 some menus take time to get your head around
3 Possibly isnā€™t casual enough for casual gamers
4 more visuals would give the game more understanding and meaning
5 work is underway on a KI comic. Why do we even need that? Why isnā€™t the comic in Shadow Lords?
6 No real storyline or stage for Mira making her feel even more empty

Was season 1 and 2 storyline Any good? Not really they were OK. They taught me more about each character than shadow lords did but they werenā€™t ground breaking

However mixed with shadow lords you could have somethig VERY special. A cinematic story mode with a hell of allot of replay ability.

Text is absolutely fine but at least display it in a way that captures us in that moment? In game stills like seasons one? Or art work like season 2?

Just somthing that makes me NOT just want to mash the A button.

CPU Longevity isnt important to me I play online the challenge is awesome and it will last forever! Story mode for me is about advancing the lore, shadow lords doesnā€™t do that for me.

2 Likes

While I can agree with most of the above, reading text with SL isnā€™t hard or taxing. Yes visuals to back this up would be awesome. But I enjoy the ever growing quests and reading the lore. Itā€™s a pretty straight forward mode and something to take away from the other modes.

1 Like

OH COME ON GAZR lol. im not a huge reader to be honest. Im a very visual personal thats probably why i play video games rather than read books. Also itā€™s why I draw pictures for a living.

I loose interest unless im TOTALLY invested.

so put it this way;

If the intro and start was AMAZING id read all the text boxes in the middle as long as i knew there was something else show stopping coming.

Like i played Lost Odyssey its one of my fav games of all time and i read EVERY thing I could findā€¦ witch is a HUGE amount and i really enjoyed its because the VIDEO game had me feeling like i was IN that universe.

I was immersed in story and visuals.

SL makes me feel like ive just popped 50P in the machineā€¦ and thats the only connection i have to the Story so the A button is really addictive! Mash mash mash!

As I said the challenge is great but itā€™s greater online so if the story doesnā€™t hold me than Iā€™m out of here.

1 Like

I loved lost odyssey too but if you canā€™t use your imagination as you do when reading a book, itā€™s not really the books fault :tongue:

I agree thatā€™s why I buy video games :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

R.I.P. Wandaā€™s imagination. :joy::joy:

1 Like

LOLOLOLOLā€¦totally agree with this. But I do have to say I played S lords last night for the first time in 2 months and the new quests and dialogue are way better than the original Mimic / Gargos quest dialogue. Its getting better for sure.

No lore?? I disagreeā€¦ there is a ton of lore in the doissers but you have to unlock and read them. Its the most detailed lore we have ever had.

2 Likes