Shadow Lords vs All Stages

I wouldn’t say you’re a casual. But, SL DIDN’T BRING YOU INTO THE GAME. You would still be here, with more stages and more dedication put in other areas of the game. SL was budgeted for as a way to draw in casuals, and as a fun little side-game for more serious players (well, for those serious players that might get something out of it).

No, SL didn’t, but single-player did. There isn’t much of a difference.

I spent 128 hours on single-player and only 58 on Multiplayer.

Maybe it’s market is the casual scene but there is nothing wrong with that. 3 measly stages that would disregard an entire mode? You’re outta ya mind.

I didn’t limit what I thought was more important to just “3 measly stages”. If you’re going to take jabs at me, please don’t use straw man tactics.

You conveniently ignored my full statement:

“more stages and more dedication put in other areas of the game”

Look dude, I’ll be frank. I don’t care to take jabs at you, I use a sword come on now, I’ll take swings and DP on wakeup potentially. On a serious note, that’s your opinion man, that’s cool, feel how you want.

My gripe stems from two reasons, people making the same complaint with the same baseless reasoning…[quote=“oShift2oVet78, post:12, topic:14958”]
SL will sell to casuals. And that’s the bottom line.
[/quote]
I loved SL, I got KI for single-player, I can back that up with the time spent in single-player. I’m not a casual though, am I? So then your point doesn’t make sense.

What other things are fundamental? The only drawback to this mode expressed by Rukari was stages and potentially Ultimates. Sure, Ultimates would be welcoming but we got two new modes from it, it’s a fair trade. Both of which are purely cosmetic and not at all “fundamental” by nature.

Like I said, feel how you want to feel, that’s cool. It’s important to be vocal and express your opinions, that’s the point a the forums and a discussion. Just don’t go spreading your opinions as fact and have more constructive opinions as to why you disagree with Shadow Lords other than something revolving casuals or unheard of fundamentals.

1 Like

I played another hour of Shadow Lords mode today, hoping I would enjoy it more but no, still hate it. I think I’ll just leave the Astral Plane stage locked forever lol.

I’ve little intention of playing SL beyond unlocking the Astral Plane, but I’ll take it over 4 stages. It’s a heck of a lot more likely to draw in and keep new players than a dedicated stage for Mira.

5 Likes

I would have preferred the stages and plus I really really really wish shadow lords wasn’t the conclusion for story mode that we got, I feel a story like they did with season 2 or even like sfv with the same cutscene style as season 2, I just don’t like the whole loot system I would rathered the style of stories I mentioned

I LOVE shadow lords, but rash, Mira, and eyedol need their own stages.

Arbiter got a stage because 343 provided what was needed.

I’m kinda gonna quote myself from another thread and say that we have no reason to believe we would have got stages for Rash, Mira, RAAM, and Eyedol if Shadow Lords, and some would also say the lighting overhaul, didn’t take all the money, time, and manpower away to make those stages. I would have loved stages for every character too, but let’s not treat Shadow Lords like the bad guy that took away 4 stages.

3 Likes

I only have one thing to say. How is he not banned yet?

I understand. I suppose I was just posing a question. If you could have one or the other, which would it be?

Shadow Lords is a cool idea, but I’d still wished everyone had a unique stage with more possible finishers. Granted at least they share stages with other characters, rather have something than nothing and that at least is something. Frankly I wished they had the budget for both.

They said we’re only getting three but we got four. The devs outright lied to us! What were they thinking? I want my money back!
Kappa

On topic, assuming SL is the sole reason for the missing stages I’d still say it was worth it.

1 Like

definitely not worth it, a mode that will get played and never touched again, or more stages that will be used and enjoyed in every game mode for the rest of the life of the game, pretty cut and dry to me

but im sure they wanted a mode where people will buy and spend KI gold, and extra stages obviously wouldnt provide that

I am not super interested in shadow lords but it’s better than four stages.

Also, @oShift2oVet78 I’m not sure “casuals” is the right word for people who want to play a Roguelike fighting game story mode.

2 Likes

I don’t know why having a stage for every character, or more stages is such a big deal. No fighting game that has a cast of over 25 fighters has a stage for each one. I “might” be wrong but I don’t think that I am.

I could be alone on this idea, but I would rather have more characters and game modes than stages any day.

3 Likes

Trust me you’re not alone. I mean stages are cool and all and it would be great if everybody else got one, but is it really THAT big of a deal? There just new areas to fight on and that’s it. Nothing really special or game changing about it compared to SL.

Its as simple as that it is something people expected and didnt get…disappointment is a normal consequence…

Also, Mira players like me probably would have really liked if she had a ‘home’.

That said, off course its not the end of the world, but it is something we would like to see…

As someone who is apart of the alleged minority, Shadow Lords is, hands down, the best single player mode I’ve ever seen in a fighting game. It is a mode I will definitely play for months, if not years, to come.

While this is my opinion, it does illustrate that there are some who find it completely poppy ■■■■ that it is reviled as an “uninteresting” mode that people will only ever play once, if at all.

Edit: Ha! Poppy ■■■■ is censored. This amuses me.