Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

I just played 3 matches and EVERYONE of them laged out so I had to quit agin wtf WHEN the hell is the 3.5 patch coming???when this is the only game u play and u CANT play it’s so frustrating it’s been a long month waiting on this patch.

Another ARIA crescendo bug. If ARIA uses Medium air crescendo against armor (IE chunks, ice armor etc etc) the normal thing happens. She bounces off as if blocked.

BUT…if she uses it again it will randomly cause her to bounce on whiff as if she hit the armor again. It will also randomly fix itself after.

Ive had a ton of coincidental “end of match” LAG matches lately. I swear every time Im about to crush them it just grinds to a halt. Sometimes it doesnt stay connected…but the last few days the lag turned the tide of the match into their favor.

Yeah it’s driving me crazy What really grinds my gears is when u do a input and your character just stands there and then U get hit like how did my xbox not read that I did a input like I said I had to turn it off lol

Well I just did a match where I had all bodies and all were under 50% and still got a supreme.

So the lag recently isn’t just me then. It always lags at the worst moment for me. About to do ultra, lags, shadow fireball… Wtf

2 Likes

Shadow Lords Leaderboard stopped updating or keeping a cumulative total. No idea if it was swapped to monthly? It currently says that I am holding 2 different places but if you scroll down to where it says I am, it isn’t there. I should have over 200 total wins at this point but I haven’t kept track of my exact total but I know I was around the 190 range a couple days ago and it hasn’t gone up since.

I came across a two bugs, which are pretty big ones. I am not sure if these were reported already.

The first one. If you press LK+HP, the game reads it as HK+HP. You can activate your instinct and any other HK+HP move by pressing those buttons. It does not happen if you press HK+LP. This obviously causes many problems.

Also, here another bug, which may or may not be related. If your character has a grounded opener that uses a kick button to preform, and an ender that uses the same motion but with a punch button, and you very quickly press HP after inputting the opener, the ender is preformed without another motion being inputted. This also happens with punch openers and kick enders. But, it does not happen if you input HP after a punch opener, or HK after a kick opener. It only works if you input HK after a punch opener, or HP after a kick opener.

Jago has all of the moves you need to test this out, though it happens with other characters as well. Just do a Laser Sword opener, then VERY quickly press HK. If you time it right, you will preform an Laser Sword opener and Windkick ender with only one motion. That also happens with Windkick opener to Laser Sword ender. But in any case, this bug will not work if the opener and ender are both Punch or kick. They have to differ.

Also, this does work if you are preforming linkers instead of openers.

As you can tell, these bugs should be removed as soon as possible. And thank you developers for fixing the bugs that players report.

I lost all my snake guardians and my"bones keys" in SL. I was playing and i have everithing. I enter again yesterday and i realise that i dont have my 3 snake guardian and my 7 keys.

The second bit about enders coming out is due to buffered inputs. You’re putting them in too fast.

Even if it was intended for you to be able to input an ender after an opener without another motion, I am sure this part was not intentional.

If your opener was preformed with a kick, then pressing HP quickly will preform an ender. If you instead press HK after your kick opener, you will preform a heavy auto double. If you press HP quickly after a punch based opener, then you also get a heavy auto double instead of an ender. So, PunchOpener+HP = Auto double, PunchOpener+HK = Ender. (Switch the punches with the kicks and it will still work.) If the motionless ender is not a bug, then this one still is.

The reason it puts an ender is because you swapped from P to K. With Jago try doing a medium punch linker after a light manual. Then try doing a medium Kick linker after a light manual. Can swap between kick or punch depending on what button you like better but, aside from feeling out that test, it is hard to explain.

If you do QCB HP for Laser sword then immediately press LP you might get a negative edge input that looks like this

QCB HP (QCB) HK because the game held the QCB input for a frame or 2 while you pressed HK. With Negative edge I’ve noticed that if you swap buttons, or sometimes even put inputs in buffer windows rather than cancel windows, you don’t get what you wanted. The easiest way I found, is to learn when the latest you can put an input is, and when the earliest you can put an input is. Then compensate around that for each linker or opener.

Hm, I see. Even though it is not a bug, I still think that it should be removed. It is not as much of a bother as the LK+HP instinct thing since you can just time the inputs differently and avoid it. It still makes the inputs less consistent, and it doesn’t really help anything. Changing it might affect how buffering works in other cases, but maybe not.

This has happened since the beginning right? I have not noticed it for a while, since I generally do not press the buttons too early to cause it to happen.

Yes it has been around since the beginning. The one thing I can say, try to polish up your inputs. Have more clean timing and you will see a lot less of it. I worked on Manuals for a month and learned the timing and it made everything feel much better. It still happens sometimes, online is more noticable that offline due to connectivity. You may not feel too early, but it can still be too early.

You can also charge release huttons for inputs. So tapping a button is best. Hold Hp, do a QCF motion and release, Jago will fire a fireball. This is most likely what is happening to you. It still happens to me after 3 years making sure my inputs are read in online matches I release a button and that overrides my light linker and makes it heavy.

Okay, thanks. I did not know that you could hold the button and then do the motion afterward. I will just input more precisely then.

Hate to say it but the git gud applies here, I’m still gittin gud lol, never understood clean inputs until I tried learning manuals. Now I can do them relatively easily but when I started, I always had what you had. Inputs coming out horrifically. If Ki became SF where everything was 1-3 frame links all you would see is 1 chance break combos. Timing a full combo would be a task in itself more complex than footsies. And the LK+HP instinct activation might need to be looked at. I know they changed a few breaker inputs for stick players but if it is effecting neutral it may be a bug or an issue to be resolved.

Pressing LK for breakers, instinct, shadow counters (MP+LK) etc is also an intentional feature, it is to allow for easier inputs particularly for stick users as a substitute for right analog stick breakers which pad users have access to.

Is it intentional for the game to reverse you inputs if your opponent appears above your head? Example Shago can spam dive kick and appear above your head out of no where and it reverses everything you try to do. Even though Shago doesn’t even seem to be behind you when it happens.

I honestly cant stand how the game allows this. A cross up is fine but this is different IMO. Id rather the game let my move follow through instead of reversing it and giving me a totally different move.

It should tell you that in the tutorial or somewhere else in the game. (As well as how buffering works, flipout, and recapture) I had not heard of it anywhere in the game when I discovered it, so I thought it was a bug. Maybe they did mention it in some patch notes or something. Hopefully they improve the tutorial and add the missing information.

And @FallofSeraphs76, no it is not intentional. There is a fix for it in the next update or so.

Those were in patch notes. I think the S3 patch notes when it launched.