Mortal Kombat XL

Mkdeception and mkarmageddon were my main loves
It was cool to play the story then a lot of the create a character options were awesome as well

I just liked Running around in Konquest, and Punching Everyone in Existance. LOL

1 Like

DARN IT! MKX enhanced online beta wonā€™t let me to sign up!

What? Why not? Is it broken?

I have no ideaā€¦ MKX enhanced online wonā€™t let me to sign up because my email and password are incorrect! ughā€¦ Why they force us to sign upā€¦ Why not free?

I guess they want to make sure itā€™s a person who will play. Iā€™ll Try and help.

Boot up MKX, and see if it has your email in the left hand corner of the menu.

If it does, Request a ā€œForgot Passwordā€ to the email. (Make sure you can log into said email)

Then, Reset password, and then sign up. :slight_smile:

Ok. I will try later.

I just play MKX GPPO and itā€™s very better than before! I feel good without laggyā€¦

2 Likes

I stopped playing MKX a long time ago, although I still play MKX Mobile and watch some tournaments/Maxā€™s gameplay streams and videos. Iā€™m really starting to realize that the ā€œminimalistā€ style for the UI is far inferior to a standard UI, even for viewers. I donā€™t know why I feel differently now than I did when the game first came out, because I used to think it was a really unique way of incorporating a UI - to me, it now looks boring, dull, and bland. The standard UIs from games like KI, SF5, the Marvel series (I hate MVC because of the never-ending combo stuff which lets one touch be a kill with dozens of juggles or groundbounces. Not interesting to play or watch, in my opinion) or even MK9 stand out a lot more, and I find it easier to follow whatā€™s going on whether Iā€™m watching or playing.

I actually like the UI of MKX and I love how you can put the combo string on screen. I actually wish you could put moreā€¦like both sides worth if your playing the CPU.

Ive been playing a lot of MKXā€¦I like to switch back n forth so I dont get tired of KI. Keeps it fresh.

Iā€™m not saying everything about the UI is bad, though it may have come off that way. I also like that you can display inputs on the screen, itā€™s useful. I also like that the lifebar and EX meter at least get color when theyā€™re nearly empty or full, respectively. Itā€™s just that having every single bar or meter pure white makes them blend in - I used to completely forget about the stamina meter.

Iā€™ve got a bit of bias against MKX though because I hate and donā€™t understand the ā€œdial a comboā€ system where youā€™re inputting moves way before they actually happen. I just couldnā€™t get used to it, and struggled because of it. The online aspects of the game were completely fucked for a while, though it sounds as though theyā€™re fixing the connectivity stuff now. Playing against the computer got old, and it wasnā€™t worth attempting to play online, so I walked away from MKX. I had been really excited about it, too - but I had assumed I would be able to transition a lot of my KI experience over, which didnā€™t really happen because of the difference in combo systems.

I like to do the 3 daily Faction challenges and get my 1,000 points each day if possible. Im trying to get the Dragon King achievement were you win the Faction war with all 5 factions. Currently I still have to win with White Lotus and Lin Qui

The dial up combos are awkward but once i get them into my head via muscle memory that turn out quite nice. I will always love KI 10 million times moreā€¦but I do like MK Xs Brutalities, Classic tower, story mode and faction wars much better than KIs modes

Brutalities IMO are the greatest thing to ever happen to finishing movesā€¦the way they go down and the multitude of them is just genius

Yeah I do like the Towers, and the three finisher types. I like a lot of the character designs as well, and the moves and combos look really cool. Like I said, I still enjoy watching it, but just canā€™t bring myself to play it because I spend so much time struggling to make things combo together that Iā€™m not actually enjoying the time Iā€™m spending on it. Some of the Brutality requirements seem over the top though, given that you need to do things like be full screen, land an EX jumping fireball on a crouching opponent, and then hold a button as well. Iā€™m sure when youā€™re good at the game these get a lot easier, but I remember going through the move lists and mentally checking off Brutalities Iā€™d never accomplish!

Another feature I really think is impressive is the Variation feature. Itā€™s really cool that you can play each character in slightly different ways, and I think it lets players have a bit more control even in a technically bad matchup.

Could you Imagine KI with the entire set up of MK X? OMG!!! it would be amazing. Not the actually game play mechanics but the modes, story,brutalities and factions. It would be the perfect game.

Nice! I seen a Jaqui and Cassie in Scorpion / Sub Zero classic skins thoughā€¦ cool!

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised to see something like this so early for MKX. I wonder whether that means theyā€™re not going to be making a third Kombat Pack, or if we will see an ā€œMKX-XXLā€ trailer later on lol.

What is the date for Ki season 3?

Why is it always so LATE to everything?

They are not doing any more DLC for MKX. KP2 is the end. I would hope that the XL is secretly hiding the 3 remaining story mode characters as its bonus feature.

I hadnā€™t heard that yet, but youā€™re probably following the news closer than me anyway.

If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™m really surprised they chose to bring back someone like Bo Rai Cho rather than choosing a fan favorite, since I know there are a lot of people who have been asking for characters to return. I was personally hoping to see Frost as a playable character,I thought she was really cool looking in previous games and I used to play her in MK Dark Alliance on my Game Boy Advance - lol.

Well Im going off a guy that made some interesting posts on the MK facebook page. He has basically broke the news for both Kombat packs way before htey released and claims to have a close friend that works somewhere within the MK/NR studios.

He called the exact daes for the release, the order in which the characters would release. The skin packsā€¦everything. About a month ago he talked about the KP2 and so far he has been exactly right.
He even claimed Leather face would be one of the characters way way back before anyone ever knew. No one paid him any attention and kept saying Sindel, and Spawn and others.

He last statement was this was the end, no more DLC, and that the Story characters would be the final piece released as a bonus. Now I did not see him post about the XLā€¦but i also could have missed it. there are so many posts on facebook its easy to miss these things.