More Color Suggestions

Soul Calibur has always had this feature.

You’re right, I didn’t remember it because the last one I played was 2 on the GameCube.

It’s pretty easy to know it’s not a technology issue. It’s simply a matter of will.

I couldn’t care less about mods for KI. If it was a 100% offline campaign game it’s one story, but as an online multiplayer - the best part of the game - in the end, mods will just crap the online experience. I agree with what they’ve said in KI Cup: If the devs feel mods can in anyway start ruining online experience they will not allow it. I support them 100%.

The ability to customize color has nothing to do with mods. It’s simply a matter of rendering the characters in gray-scale and then layering a color pallet. They can even control the hues in such a fashion that it would be incapable of reproducing the exclusive color 10 pallets from the Ultimate Source figures. Not to mention that most of the color 9’s have different textures (Spinal for example) that would be impossible to recreate unless IG also gave us the ability to have custom textures. With this being so low on the totem pole, I doubt we would see anything nearly as detailed a Soul Calibur’s Create A Soul. After all, that feature was at the forefront of Project Soul’s priorities. I would be happy just to have a simple color pallet or slider included. Say what you want, but the ability to customize your favorite characters (even if it’s just a simply customization) builds an even stronger connection with the game itself. In SC, it started as just an afterthought, but it kept the series alive even when it lost it’s direction. I know many people that bought the game just because it allowed you to create you own fighter. We’re not asking for that, we just want a little more artistic freedom. If a feature to edit the character’s colors were included in the game, there really wouldn’t be a need for a “mod” to do this.