Life of a Kim Wu main

I understand how to brake shadow moves as well as shadow linkers-although at first I didn’t understand. I was trying to break shadowlinkers in the same way you would commit a shadow counter which obviously failed.

I was not aware that you could counter brake shadow moves until recently however.

Well I just had my promotion match and of course I face a pretty nasty killer. Back down I go :relaxed:

1 Like

Sorry about that :slight_smile: I got lucky on mine, got some good hits against my opponent and they disconnect. Stuck mostly at master since briefly made it to unstoppable but got beaten down fast.

1 Like

Yeah I fought HD charm. I haven’t been able to beat his hisako. I beat up five star killer agonos last night. I’ll post it to my activity feed here in a second. I probably just got lucky

The replay has me laughing because it’s just me getting slapped all the way across the screen multiple times :joy: poor kim

My Kim versus a five Star killer Aganos.

Pretty sure I got lucky

1 Like

Congrats, great match. Sometimes when fighting someone lower rank you just have certain expectations or whatever, and you get surprised.

2 Likes

Oh definitely. Of the however many fights I fought I’ve only been able to beat I think 14 killers. Probably out of 500.

Nice video. Hmmm does that guy main aganos? Punching randomly standing far away from you opening yourself up to a kick does not seem “killer”

I doubt he does to be honest. Okay so you were able to see the event I wasn’t sure if it was working correctly. I’m going to try to post more up.
Is that the preferred way to share videos?

Menzo mains Rash, at least he was when I played him last. You could tell he was struggling with Aganos. He really didn’t set anything up…

@BodiedByKim Great job though. A win is a win. You didn’t fear him and kept the pressure going. That was key.

1 Like

All right I need some anti-jago tips. I officially lose to jago almost 7 out of 10 times even low level. I think it’s frame advantage coupled with delayed reaction Time lockouts on my part and also succumbing to corner pressure.

I’ve been going over some of the fights on replay and I’ve been challenging the number of the Shadow lab characters and I seem to lose for the same reasons on a low level Jago that I do from a high levels Jago.

For being by far the most common character played if I can figure this one out I’m going to be much happier.

All right rant complete

A few things I noticed in our games tonight:

1. regarding shadow meter, you should always use it strategically, generally that means to cause the most damage (though not always the choice). But you have to make sure you hit the opponent with it, so either include Kim’s shadow kick in a combo, or just make sure to connect with it, otherwise she’s unsafe. Don’t waste shadow nunchucks outside of a combo (unless you use it as an antiair).
  2. never use shadow meter once the opponent’s life bar has been taken out, it’s just a waste then.
  3. be more conservative in using Kim’s flying kicks, as it leaves her completely vulnerable. When Orchid throws a bomb, it’s the time to kick her face in. But don’t just fly in.
  4. Almost everything Orchid does is unsafe, unless she has a grenade out or the cat coming. Block and react (with lights).

Thank you by the way putting in that time with me. We put in a good 30-45 minutes.

All things considered I thought I was going to get butchered by your feedback given your experience. Those are things I can work on.

I was afraid to click on your comments because I was expecting you to say that maybe I should consider playing Street fighter :rofl:

2 Likes

lol I think you did fine. As for my experience, I started playing in summer 2020.

1 Like

What’s up with all these Kim players lately. And they’re all pretty freaking good

All right I’m getting better versus orchid… I’m getting better versus jago… getting a little better versus Shadow jago.

Still doing pretty well against agonos and RAam. I don’t think I’ve beat a single good kim player yet. I have noticed that every Kim I face struggles with dragon dragon counters.

I’m 50/50 against the riptor. for the most part they all play the same but his Mix-Ups can be kind of annoying especially on wake up.

I’ve only fought one tusk I think and it’s mrwilder and I think I got kind of close one time but I’ve never seen my life bar disappear so quickly.

Getting a little better versus sadira. Having trouble with Saberwulf… there seems to be two types of wulf players the ones who sit back at the back of the screen and counter the s*** out of you and the ones who are all up in your grill from the 2nd of the match starts.

I don’t remember where I read it but they summed it up perfectly that Kim needs to be able to control space and that can be tough to do against an SW matchup.

I only fight really new rashes or very very skilled rashes

I thought my first really good eagle and it was ridiculous.

I lose to ra because I just don’t really know what’s going on most of the time but it’s funny watching me try to do things and what happens when I fail.

I honestly don’t even know how I lose …I just know that I’m I’ll be trying to do whatever it is and then all of a sudden I’m wrapped in a bed sheet being thrown, getting hit by some pile of dust or he’s breathing on me or I’m stuck inside of more dust that’s in the sky.
He reminds me of that Dusty kid from Charlie Brown. The one with the flies and dust around his head or whatever.

Not a fan of the mummy

1 Like

Pigpen

2 Likes

Alcohol may have been involved in the writing of that post but I still stand by my statement.

This is definitely going on my tinder profile

I’m honestly really happy about my win rate at this point roughly 50%, little bit less.

Compared with the previous couple of months was 0 to 20%

3 Likes

Excellent, but now, any match you have with a gold or killer rank is best 2 of 3, so get ready bigger challenges.

1 Like