Let's make KI a real Free to Play

The unlocking characters for practice bit by bit thing doesn’t seem like it’d fit this iteration though. I mean, look at all the Season 2 mains in the forums. I know a lot of people who didn’t even want to touch the game until they saw some of the new Season 2 characters, so I think it’d be better for demonstration purposes to let them try out any character and ser if they like the feel.
That isn’t to say I don’t like the idea of unlocking stuff bit by bit. I just feel like it works better for customization options. I mean, people have the option to buy any one character, I say trying any character would be good for consistency.
To each their own, I spose

I want to try and make one for Cinder.

Geoff the Hero has tutorial videos for Hisako and TJ Combo.

I want to do some sort of video tutorial covering the whole cast in a brief rundown sort of way, explaining a bit about their lore and their playstyle… but I think I’d need some better capture software… And time… Maybe a bit of talent with video editing.

Under this point of view, it makes sense. My logic went fapping for one moment, sorry. I’ll make the opportune corrections as soon as possible.

No issues, man. All is good :blush:

This explains it 100 percen and full.

1 Like

Having every game mode unlocked from the start for free sounds an awful lot like free to play to me.

I gave an answer to that discussion just below it, if you were looking for one.

Yeah, a good start, but It isn’t enough, because most if not all the f2p games coming out in these recent years have all the modes unlocked from start. But with the difference they’re extending it to the useful content too. If you think that also a Trading Card Game like Hearthstone gives you the chance of getting free cards by booster packs with few matches, well, I let you imagine.

A Free to play game is a game (sorry for the repeating) where the player has a granted access to every single useful content or without restrictions or in alternative way than spending money. A game that doesn’t give you this opportunity and forcing you to pay at least an amount of cash in order to enjoy the game can’t be considered f2p, instead it takes the name of Pay 2 Win. But talking about KI as a P2W is hugely exaggerated because if you’re noob you lose with every character, no matter what.

The idea of of KI’s purchasin set up is so you can decide how you can buy KI. wheter you want the entire roster of all 3 seasons, or just one or two characters etc.

While you do have access to everymode that is meant to let you experiment and play online to see how you like it. They’re basiclaly leting you try out a smuch of the game as reaosnably possible to see if you think it’s worth buying. That’s the exact reason why. It may sound like a f2p but really the “free version” is meant to be the most gracious demo. If any new comer likes the game enough, go ahead and buy it. if not, then don’t let it be an issue.

It’s purchasing system is set up to give you options. If you don’t have enough to buy a whole season, whcih is only 20 bucks each, and maybe you just have 10 dollars or so and want to buy one of the cast, you can do that. The game’s set up is meant to ease in new-comers to fighting games.The devs have stated this themselves.

KI is not meant to be a f2p though I can see where this misconception comes from.

In fact that’s the problem. If they change the type from F2P to free-trial in the store page, this discussion would come to an instant end, despite not being in completely agreement on this marketing decision due to the mid-low popularity. But I’ll accept it because they’re crystalline. But no, nothing like that is written on the store page and the entire text is alimenting these misconceptions. I report here the exact description which is available on the xbox one store page:

In few words, it wasn’t meant to be a F2P, but they’re going in this direction with the actions taken. So what do we have to believe in? I think there was a change of plans during Season 2, at least.

Well, the whole point of this thread is that KI is literally “free to play” but it doesn’t share similarities to other F2P games. Sort of like white South Africans who move to the USA are literally “African-American,” but the common use of the phrase means something different.

So does KI need to get closer to a standard F2P model or not. That’s pretty much what people are discussing.

To answer my question on that: I think KI is fine right now as it is. I preferably reccomand that you guys do your best to properley inform potential players to keep ignorance from spreading.

If for you you meant IG/MS I agree. But, as you’ve seen, I can’t agree with the actual model. But some well placed information won’t be any bad.

All of us should play apart. Not just MS/IG If you love the game enough to support you should also inform other people who want to buy this game to, so they have an educated option instead of a potentially biased one.

The reason I have no issue with this model is because I wanted the game enough to just buy the seasons as it is. the demo is there to help those unsure if they want the game or not.

The problem isn’t regarding people who want to buy this game, because they don’t care of the system used, just interested in the gameplay/connection stuff. We all agree the game is well made under this point of view, no doubts about it.
The real matter is for the ones who want to try and are convinced to have a f2p game. In this case, the people’s voice might help, but it isn’t enough. You can’t inform all the players around the world. That’s why you have to change the root of information: ergo, the Xbox One store page of the game. And people can’t do this…

The issue is it ins’t a f2p game, that’s why you need to explain that to them right away. The player base that seems convinced about it needs to look at this from a different angle.

Apart this, I noticed we forgot to talk about another important thing here. Related to the game, regardless the f2p full system or a trial version, we skipped one of the points: the ranking system.

Discussing and discussing, only few people talked about part 4. In order to make the game more appealing, we need an improved matchmaking system that has to create a constant player base in at least most of the time zones. Differently from what somebody said over here, it won’t kill exibition game mode, because the current point retribution allows you to reach gold in less than 2 - 3 days starting fresh from bronze if you’re almost noob.

So, also keep talking about the f2p system the devs should adopt, but don’t forget to say your opinion regarding my idea of ranked system.

since I’m not on who really cares abou ranked, I don’t mind the chanes they can make to it to keep a player base goin, whatever changes are nessecary

Got it. Now let’s see what the others might think about all the wall text.

If it’s free to download like a duck, has free weekly character rotations like a duck, allows you to freely play all of the gameplay modes like a duck, and sells you microtransactions like a duck, then I’m going to call it a duck.

1 Like