KI is DEAD zombie skins/shaders

I love and support KI, but @VerminatorX does have a convincing argument.

KI on steam had a 700 player peak? That’s insanely low. If 700 isnt dead, then what is? 200? Cuz it seems 200 play per day. Is 200 a day not dead?

This is my personal definition of dead:
“Player base is so low, game production can not continue for very long.”

You think they are going to green light a sequel with less than 2000 combined players? Probably not.

Final note:
There are 3 tag team games coming out that appeal to most of the braches of the fgc. Do you really not expect KI’s numbers to drop further?

I love KI, and would play it with any of you forever. It will always be a part of my life for getting me into fighting games. It has litterally altered my path in life in some cases. But just like many other franchises i personally enjoy, i accept that i am in a very small minority. Time for y’all to accept it, too.

Stop arguing. Enjoy what we have.

KI is amazing. Its a shame more people dont see it. But lets not tear EACHOTHER up. Lets stay a strong community.

PlayKI

3 Likes

I’d buy Zombie skin packs in an instant.

4 Likes

I’ll call KI dead when support is completely pulled. It’s not as popular compared to other long standing FG games, but there’s still a dedicated group of people who play it and a community of people discussing tech and playing together. The developers have slowed down/stopped major updates, but they still release bug fixes and participate in the community.

Halo 2 multiplayer is dead.
Vanilla WoW servers are dead.
TF2 on console is dead
Crysis 1 and 2 multiplayer are dead
Postal 2 multiplayer is dead

Killer Instinct isn’t popular, but you can still play it online, find matches, and expect some level of support from the developers. I’ve never been under the illusion KI would be a mega hit, but I also know it’s not a total miss. As long as I can still play it with friends and find matches online, I’m not going to say it’s dead.

8 Likes

Wow, I had to use google translate O.o Seems a hard language to learn.
Can you find KI matches in EU often? Again with the Gears example, the whole community in EU , Australia, Asia and South Africa (and me in South America) it’s really hard to find matches.
That brought me even faster to KI, and I was impressed of how fast I found them.

About the competitve scene, it’s another story. I wish it was bigger and still going more often. Still one more KIC to go.
But what about KoF 2014? Wasn’t expensive and it has a strong legacy in Asia. Even though, one year after I wouldn’t say the game is super popular compared to KI who has been dormant for so long =/

1 Like

A game is only dead when the community abandons it. Do you think a game like smash survived more than a decade and is still going strong because of continued developer support and extravagant marketing campaigns? No, it was because fans continued to support their “dead” game, they promoted it, held events, grew the community, but above all they kept playing it despite what the rest of the fgc thought of their game.

9 Likes

Especially the Smash Melee scene.

2 Likes

This is my view. Saying KI is dead/dying is a 100% way of killing off a game. 200 players is just on Steam. A large amount play on Xbox and Windows 10 as well. I would argue that more play there than on Steam. The only thing that’s going to cause KI to be dead is the people saying KI is dead.

4 Likes

If KI is dead then why are we still talking about it? Why can’t make our own tourney scenes instead? Seeing as we held the Smash community as a great example, why can’t we get off our butts and make funny KI videos then?

I’m tired of the laziness. Relying on MS is wasting time.

1 Like

This was supposed to be a humorous thread and of course people come in trying to ruin it by expressing their “opinions.”

Stop trying to convince people that “KI is dead.” If we are playing it and enjoying it then who f***ing cares.

EDIT: That’s like saying Super Mario Bros is dead. Sure, it’s rarely played nowadays most likely, but you can still play it and have fun.

It doesn’t matter if KI has 10 million players or 100. If I get matches and am having fun, then let me.

What you guys are doing is ultimately trolling.

9 Likes

Yup that can play a role in killing a game too.

I’m not entirely sure about “humerous”…zombie skins/colors/shaders is definitely a legitimate suggestion, but yeah it’s definitely meant to be more lighthearted than it’s turned out to be.

1 Like

You guys want to know a game that’s dead? How about Disney’s Scorcer’s Apprentice on the Atari 2600? That is a truly dead game.

Thank you. I’m tired of all the X is dead crap.

It’s almost the same with Hip Hop as a whole.

1 Like

IG should have a halloween event with even more terror skins, somehow however…I don’t know what they’ll do.

Maybe we could just claim the idea is for Halloween instead of “KI is dead” theme. Sure, half the cast already have that kinda vibe but it’d be fun to see zombie/undead versions of the cast. In Hisako/Shinsako’s case they could do the reverse and give us a living human skin.

1 Like

uhhh Kilgore is super fun!!! … just icymi

lol … KI is dead … ok, well, I’ll see you tomorrow at the next KI forums post lol. have a good one! :wink:

3 Likes

Neither…