Japanese KI scene: my experience at Kombo Klash Japan

Awesome seeing a Riptor main fighting for the glory of Dinosauria. Also, it’s awesome that KI is getting some exposure outside of the English-speaking world.

3 Likes

Love it! Thanks so much, @BoJima404, for your time and effort on this! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

LOL at this. To be honest, that is how I pick characters in fighting games. Oh, this character looks cute. Or Hey, this character is cool. I like his hair.

(Exception: Jago & Kim Wu, as I grew up with them during my childhood.)

Like I have literally chosen Rashid as my Street Fighter V main when the game releases, due to him having tornados, and a Scouter. Lol. So I totally understand him liking Riptor due to her cuteness.

4 Likes

I have nucoren in my friend list. he seems like a cool guy and atm is playing halo5 and KI.
this game definitely needs more people like them.

1 Like

To all,

Thank you again for liking this effort. If you hadn’t shown your interest by way of answering positively in the poll then it’s safe to say that I wouldn’t have put in the time and effort. So thank you very much. Meanwhile, I also received a cool personal response from one of the main players featured in this report. I was happy to see that it also created a buzz on twitter among the local Japanese KI community. Once I find the time I will ask some of them to do an interview with me as a follow up to this article.

One last thing, over the past few days I have cleaned up the article and corrected some language and grammar errors to improve the overall readability. That’s all.

Stay tuned for more :tv:

5 Likes

That’s cool that you did this. Technically you can say single-handedly, you have helped the world know about the Local Japanese KI Community.

Let that sit in your brain. :smile:

3 Likes

Totally agree.

As I am in Japan, I am looking into this and what I can do to help bridge the communication gap and facilitate this to an extent.
For example, there are regular (monthly) KI online tournaments open to everyone but invitations are normally sent from a Japanese streaming service’s (something like twitch) twitter account in the Japanese language. Ignoring timezone differences, it would be great if more English (foreign language) speaking players would/could join these regular open tournaments.

2 Likes

To everyone, I am preparing an interview with one of the top players in Japan. I will post a poll later with some questions before conducting the interview…stay tuned.

11 Likes

Here’s the follow up interview that @BoJima404 did Japanese KI scene: interviews with Ret(NUCOren) and Kappy!

2 Likes