Japanese KI scene: interviews with Ret(NUCOren) and Kappy!

Amazing thanks Bo Bo :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Always interesting to read these. Thanks as always :smile:

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one. :blush: Thank you for sharing @BoJima404

Very cool as usual! Thanks for keeping these going! I’ll have to keep an eye out for these guys in Kombo Klash Japan! :smile:

It’s very great! I really like this interview!

1 Like

Appreciated!

Don’t hesitate if you have any request. Any questions or any Japan KI players you would like to hear from in the future (Domy, Osomatsu, Ogty…?).

3 Likes

Hope I can be of service or help contribute as well, since I too live in Japan and stay in close contact with these guys. Pleasure reading it Bojima. See you soon!

I’m NualphaJPN btw on twitter lol

2 Likes

All of them add photos and videos too😊

@BoJima404 - let’s hear from Ogty! Wish I could fly out there and talk Hisako with him over a nice dinner…

1 Like

You wanna wine and dine him huuuh?

Marble, Dul, also let me know if there is any specific subject that you want me to ask these gentlemen about.

2 Likes

I’m glad you posted this it was a great read

1 Like

Osomatsu: Why did he pick Omen as a main IN Season 2? Well he stick with Omen in season 3? What does he think of Omens changes? How much omen could a herald of Gargos bow if an omen bowed before the herald of gargos? Lastly, omen omen omen?

Ask him if he plans to be more active in the competitive seen? Does he like any other characters? How long has he been playing fighting games? When did he get into KI? what does he want added to the game?

The last two sentences of the first paragraph was a joke. You don’t have to use all of them. Just find a question that you think will answer my ones the most and altogether.

Well… I was fine with reading whatever you came up with, but in that case, I’d like to hear his thoughts on Hisako on Season 3. :smiley:

Hey @BoJima404, one thing I’d like you to ask about is how these guys feel about online tournaments and the KI Cup. They are focused on EVO as the big U.S. event that they either can or can’t afford to make it to. I suspect this is based on history and also the bang for your buck in terms of fighting game pageantry that you see at EVO. But is the KI Cup and e-sports for the game in their consciousness at all?

Good question. To be honest, l am not sure about the KI Cup, l would have to ask around a bit. KI Cup suddenly took off but most of them are aware.

The online tournament stuff is something that does have their attention. However, time zone differences and language barrier might come into play here as to actual participation. Within Japan a lot is happening but I am not a high level player nor do I have the time otherwise I would join myself and compete.

Anyway, I’ll make it a topic next time around.

Well, RET won a big Japanese tourney with Kim ■■■■■■■ Wu. I guess that we all have to be 90% correct on our reads. So much for scrubs…huh, casuals like me.

Well played to RET though. Congrats!

3 Likes

Yeah, I watched the finals earlier. It was nice to see a Kim Wu a tourney. OGTY had a really nice Arbiter too.

1 Like

That Kan Ra was nice too. Very impressive. But like Kim, also Kan Ra wasn’t allowed any mistake.

3 Likes