Jago's Matchups

Jago vs TJ , I would advise against trying to zone. I’ve had the most success by getting close and luring him into a footsie battle. The counters you mentioned to powerline do work, the problem is that if you guess wrong it could lead to you taking truck loads of damage very quickly. The goal should be, as you say, to invalidate powerline because it affords him too many options to counter basically everything you do. Up close the worst you have to worry about is a shoot toss tick throw. This can be back dashed and full combo punished if TJ gets too predictable. Back fist is a reliable frame trap for TJ but Tiger Fury can stuff his follow up if you don’t mind the risk or have meter to make it safe. On wakeup, meaty him everytime. Meaty St. Mk into Cr. Lk will stuff roll attempts. Once you teach TJ not to roll you pave the way to start using other mixups. When it comes to footsies and frame traps, I’d say Jago is definitely the better man.

Another tactic I liie to maximize the exploitation of his weak wakeup is to go for short combos, 1 to 2 chance breaks at the most. You wanna keep him on his b u t t much as you can while coercing a guess break. Hope that helped a bit.

1 Like

[Here’s a match of me against a TJ player. I employ some of the tactics I mentioned above. I made plenty of mistakes but you should be able to see what I mean. After he takes a life guage notice how he backs up to reestablish his powerline options.

http://youtube/watch?v=U7KBp3o-nNU

She cannot do anything if you time a meaty heavy lasersword she is forced to block if she tried anything absolutely anything she will get clipped. The only time she can do something is if she has meter.

If you block talking rake just DP she cannot do anything in time if you DP right away.

Do these and you force her to play neutral which is where Jagos beats her

@SigmaAngelus copy this post in your OP

RIPTOR:

On wake up use heavy laser sword as a meaty, she is forced to Block unless she has meter.

She cannot run, mash jabs, tail flip head but or anything.

Talon rake, avoid the guessing game and learn to DP a blocked talon rake in reaction she has no time to do anything.

TJ Combo

On wake use heavy lasersword it stuffs all his wake up options just like riptore, he cannot roll, grab, power line, tremor, jab none of it unless he has meter.

Stay on TJ and don’t give him space to run the power line mix up game.

I will post about more Jagos match ups on request. Why can you believe what I say because simply you can’t test it for yourself and you’ll see what I say is the truth. I have no reason to lie to my fellow Jagos players.

2 Likes