Is Mira not OP enough?

Ah, my mistake. I don’t think a single person I have played against has blocked that setup before so I thought their trip-guard was still inactive, but I just tested and you’re correct.

Still, it can give a decent set-up to place the offense back in your hands. But beyond that, I really love just going with her crouching heavy punch. She has a recapture, so you should really be using it in your anti-air game.

1 Like

Well, your chosen combos aren’t really a great way to measure any character’s damage potential. Mira is extremely damaging if you’re actually playing the combo/damage game, but that potential drastically decreases if you’re defaulting to wall splats and 1-chances. Wall splats are the second-least damaging ender type in the game after all, and 1-chance combos leave a ton of damage on the table as a rule.

I can kind of agree that Tusk can be more damaging than Mira (at least in terms of average life swing once he lays hands on you), but Mira hits quite a bit harder than Kim. Kim can take a while to build up those ender levels, and while raw dragon kicks can quickly pile on hurt on an incautious opponent, those are wildly unsafe and a bit harder to land consistently against better players.

1 Like

Tusk has more damage per hit in neutral on average, but mira’s maximum combo damage on a counter breaker almost breaks 90% if she has two bars and instinct ready to pop. As shown in my video if she has instinct mist on them when the combo starts and you counter break, the round is pretty much guaranteed to be over. Even without instinct OR meter she gets 75% from a counter breaker. Tusk caps out at 64% spending both bars. In terms of maximum damage, mira stands WELL above the rest of the cast.

I wouldn’t call it a decent setup, any player that knows how to fight her is going to be ready to punish mist up on a jump in. If you’re going to use mist as an escape you need to mist up-back and hope that they’re not prepared or able to punish with a fast horizontal move. Mist is a good escape tool but it’s not going to do much to help her weak AA game.

Apologies, my thought was somewhat poorly stated. Mira is the most damaging character in the game, full stop. But thats mostly evident when she really wants to hurt you, which you don’t necessarily see all the time. As you start prioritizing life management, the “holy crap that did a lot of damage” factor of her gets quite a bit lessened. Tusk is going to hurt you, period, whenever he touches you. There is no “well maybe he won’t massacre my lifebar” element to it whatsoever. But yeah, Mira absolutely can hit harder than Tusk - only question is if she wants to at that particular moment.

3 Likes

It’s - 4.

I love them light bats lol it’s so nice being able to throw those out as much as you want with no health lost

Mira looking stupid good…

1 Like

I think S3’s characters are all OP so far.

1 Like

If she has to gain some buffs with how much she sacrifices health wise than she should get a damage reduction to even her out for sure.

Trade less sacrifice of health for doing less damage I think.

That would be a low tier buff and a high tier nerf, I think.

If the video I linked is any indication, good players are easily able to properly manage her health as a resource while also occasionally turning it up to 11 to unleash a 70% combo.

2 Likes

A fairly good point. Personally I’d rather people wait to master her before they go calling for changes. I just throw my two bits out there just in case that’s what this conversation was going to lead into (if it hadn’t already)

I think we might as well give her time. Because when Kan-Ra came out at first, everybody who wasn’t fond of his gameplay called him garbage. Now I hear people saying he’s more OP then the sand getting in their butt-crack (Not that that’s exactly what I herd but everyone seems to feel that way about him). I digress.

I say we wait before trying to adjust more to it. I think Mira is meant to be a high reward and high risk character in the end.
Besides I’ve run into a few recent Mira players…

Their army grows in strength!

Has there been any info released on how much dmg she takes from her blood magic specials?

there is a specific percent which move cost which. i dont know the percents though

Well if there isn’t then I might be able to shed some light on that.

-all M specials deal 20 silver health (you can use them 18 times a round or 36 times a match without using embrace)
-all H specials deal 40 silver health (you can use them 9 times a round or 18 a match again without embrace)
-mist form deals 20 silver health (same a medium specials)
-air dash deals 5 silver health (72 times a round or 144 times a match, with embrace usage)

Every character has 360 health per bar. So M specials can be used 18 times using mira’s real health bar (without using embrace) before you are left with the magic pixel health (you can’t kill yourself obviously but being really low on real health actually disables mira’s moves like mist form and air dashing)

Embrace heals 100 health regardless of strength. HOWEVER, in combos you only get the 100 health back via a lvl 4 ender. I don’t know how much health you get back for 1,2,3 enders but it’s less then 100 by a fair margin.

This is all without the opponent ever touching you. So in hindsight you could use heavy special attacks 5 times and you’ll be less then half health easily right off the bat. Also too mira’s silver health doesn’t seem to scale so you’ll be taking full silver health damage regardless of your health status.

All the info for how much damage is done/recovered by her specials is on my Mira page at http://ki.infil.net/mira.html

It should be in a hoverable tooltip somewhere in the blood damage section at the top of the page

1 Like

That’s the answer I was looking for. Wait you said trephine doesn’t use blood magic in linkers. But it does. Just like reaping. Unless I misread something.

Also was it reported that shadow reaping does not add a any level to the level ender?

WHY THE HELL IS SHE SO DIFFICULTY TO FIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Complete sentence.

1 Like