How Many Pockets Are Too Many Pockets?

i prefer to look at it like I look at Magic cards. You dont have a main deck, you just swap between colors. Knowing how to play different characters well shouldnt be limited by which characters you want to main.

On average on any given day, I’ll have about ~8 pockets (5 in pants, 1 in shirt, 1 in my over-shirt, 1 even in my hat, and if it’s cold out, my jacket will add an additional 3 pockets, give or take a few).

I find that I can play most characters reliably (not great, but sufficiently), to do well in most cases, because I have practiced almost all of them over long periods of time to level them up, as well as to get achievements. Even though their moves are significantly different in gameplay, this is why it’s not really an issue for me. The same applies to being able to identify break opportunities and their appropriate strengths. Furthermore, there are only a few inputs to actually learn regardless of character: bf, du, qcf, qcb, dp, and reverse dp. Are some better than others? Sure, but that’s not important IMO if you have a basic enough understanding of the characters and what they’re capable of, as well as having a strong grasp of the game’s general FG mechanics and fundamentals.

I pocket everyone, but Sadira.