Hisako Matchup Thread: Sadira

You got it, sir! I’ll upload it when I get home from work tonight (sometime after 8:00pm) and I’ll PM you the link so you can include it in your post!

I’m really happy that you got some information of value from these threads, and I’m really happy to have had such great contributions to them. I’m very grateful to the contributors, and I have likewise gained benefit from these discussions.

I would not mind at all if you created Jago threads! I would love to see other subforums as active as ours.

Your Hisako VS. TJ Combo thread is coming next, btw :wink:

Sweet! That’s cool! Thanks! Who knows? Maybe we can get threads for All the characters one day! :blush:

TJ is up next? Ok. I’ll do my best! I have to go back to (Rise) with TJ. :wink: I’m gonna go into training to find Frame Data and such and all those sort of things that Make TJ Tick. I’ll Fight your Shadow or you a lot too, so I can get a idea of what I can say to benefit Onryos. :smile:

I feel like nobody cares about TJ anymore, due to his nerfs…

EDIT: This Pic is a joke, don’t worry!

1 Like

Played a set with Rebelo last night…trust me, there are still some good TJ’s out there.

1 Like

I hope so. I feel like one of the few still left.

1 Like

Replays from that set would be absolutely invaluable for the Hisako/TJ thread!

Lol. It involves me getting mauled quite a bit more than I’m happy with. Set was 3-9 Rebelo…including two wins of his where he made clip-worthy comebacks off last breath. I’m talking from near perfect to me losing - dude’s corner pressure is terrifying o_O Pretty much gave away two games after each of those…not gonna lie, was completely mentally guard broken after each one. It’s a good example actually of how you have to be able to settle down after a bad loss - being too anxious in this game makes you predictable, and predictability in this game will get you killed.

I’ll grab maybe two or three of the matches to put in the TJ thread.

1 Like

I haven’t played VS. Rebelo yet, but I’ve seen plenty of him on stream. He’s 100% brutal!

I’d like to see that battle! I could learn MASSIVE amounts of TJ Tech!

I actually think cr.mk is a god meaty against Sadira if you option select the parry into it. When Sadira has meter this is a good choice as you can react to/OS a blade demon and will stuff a shadow recluse which is 0 frames after the freeze and unreactable.

This is one match where I think playing quite lame and staying airborne is useful. As has been mentioned by several others, j.hp is a fantastic tool in this matchup but it is also important to use j.mp in closer situations to avoid getting stuffed as hp can be quite slow (although from longer ranges hp is the clear option).

Great set of matches Storm, I also downloaded them as onedrive was being screwy on my phone’s chrome browser.

1 Like

Nice to have you in the thread, Bane! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks, I started reading when you started it but was in work, I was waiting for more updates to the thread to reply but for some reason it didn’t reach my unread feed, should do now at least.

1 Like

This is 100% true. I don’t use the Hisako OS and so didn’t think about it, but this a solid way to meaty her.

1 Like

Here’s a match from this evening, utilizing @STORM179’s suggestions!

1 Like

Honestly, as many of you have played me, I don’t think any of the Sadira’s I’ve seen in these vids are very good with this match up.

Here’s why…

Neither really utilized lp Kunai/ throw mix ups. This is the bread and butter of a Sadira vs. Hisako match. You make a Hisako player think you’re gonna throw her, they are less likely to use counter.

The second thing I notice is a lot of jumps for the sake of jumping. I play an incredibly air borne Sadira, and unless I’m having a really bad timing day, I generally don’t get knocked out of the sky (very often).

I use short jumps, covered by lp kunais of which are great for keeping Hisakos on their toes.

The first guy is definitely aggressive, but his use of Instinct is incredibly lacking. Sacrificing utility for flash is NEVER the way to win a match, especially a close one. Don’t get me wrong, I love flashiness, but when you activate Instinct outside of a combo, it gives the other player opportunity to get away.

I hardly ever (with the exception of defense) activate instinct until I’m in a combo. I then make it VERY difficult to get away.

As a whole, the Hisako match is one of the most challenging matches for me to play against, not because it is hard, but because I have to play it differently than any other match in KI. It’s all about who has the better mind games.

Sounds to me like a set is in order!

Do a few sets and then post it here.

Would be good to see a breakdown of the MU and how to best use the tactics talked about.

1 Like

@WebNRaGnArOk @STORM179 - When might you two be mutually available for some lobby time?

Possibly later today. Been focusing on Destiny. Getting ready for the Raid hard mode. I think I already have some vids though. :slight_smile: I’ll try to find some of my matches.

1 Like

I’m game to play. Have actually run into @WebNRaGnArOk in ranked before. Match count is 2-2, so I’m more than game to settle up on this one. :grin:

As to the larger question of MU strategy, I don’t think anything you said really changes much about my description of the fight in my long initial post. I actually specifically noted the likelihood of lp kunai and throw mixups, and having played your Sadira @WebNRaGnArOk I can tell you that it might not be as fundamentally different as you may think. The overall contours of the fight don’t shift all that much - Sadira wants to occupy the space directly above Hisako, and Hisako wants to keep her out of that space and on the ground.

Sidenote: that poor Jnso guy…we’re going to give him a complex :sweat:

1 Like

Hehe… I didn’t even notice that until I uploaded my video :sweat_smile: